Too many female friends?

I have a lot of totally plutonic female friends. Is this red flag as far as my being dateable? ( I have plenty of male friends too)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think many women would immediately see it as a red flag, and even if they do, it shouldn't be a problem if you explain that you're just friends with them. That being said, us girls do tend to get jealous easily and we become protective of our guys, so you might want to ease up on hanging out with your girl friends if there's a potential girlfriend in the picture. You don't want to start any catfights that could result in you losing your girl friend AND your date.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it is a red flag. The reason does not have anything to do with you. Female friends make it hard on girlfriends. It's intimidating. It also depends on how much you allow your female friends interfere in your relationship. It can be bad. I hate it, I don't even like to date guys who have sisters for this reason. Girl's are bitches and territorial.

• That kinda makes me sad

• That my choice in friends makes me less desiresble

• It makes you less available. If you start dating a girl, make sure your female friends don't cross the line and intimidate her or make her feel insecure. Don't get caught up in enjoying the cat fight and ego inflation. Make sure you let her know you set her a part.

• Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of my boyfriend having a lot of female friends. THAT'S JUST ME, though. Some girls are cool with it, but I'm just not comfortable with it.

• If anything, it makes you MORE attractive to women.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes it is.

First, it's great that you have female friends, because 1) it just is, and 2) it means that on some level, women respond to you. But the problem is that these women are friends, and not girlfriends, and you are likely conditioning yourself to be friends with women and not lovers with women.

Friends are platonic. Lovers are sexual. If you are only friends with women, they likely view you as sexually inert.

Keep your female friends, but be conscious of how much time you spend with them, and focus your attention on how to be a sexually attractive male. If women are viewing you as friendly rather than sexy, you have some improvements to make.

• I always thought females like the idea of getting a guy with a lot of female attention but once she gets you to herself, she wants you to herself. From my experience a lot of girls get nasty with each other quickly over dudes. Its not a red flag initially I don't think but afterwards you'll have to spend less time with these friends, she'll get suspicious... unless she is super chill

• Chicks should "man up" (LOL! joking with the phrase) and not sweat it. If she's picky over that then I don't know that makes me wonder.

• Yeah, for some chicks it makes you more attractive but for the women who aren't interested in the bad-boy and the womanizer type it can effect your dating. I have tons and tons of female friends and some females find it mysteriously attractive while other women who are, I don't want to sound like prick, "more serious" about relationships do not.