Online dating: Was I right not to give her my full name?

So I have finally moved on from my ex and have started online dating on Match. com which seems to be going good so far.

I have been chatting to a woman 11yrs older than me and we are getting on really well so far.

We've only been speaking for one week and we're getting on so well that we've even exchanged mobile numbers.

Last night she randomly sent me this text which said:

Her: Hi there (my name). So, you're not just (my name)... other names? x

I responded...

Me: I'm always wary giving personal details over the internet early on in situations like this. It's not that I don't trust you because I do, it's just that I would think at least meeting the person first or speaking to them would and should be the first step. x

Her: Im still not sure i agree with you tho. Not gonna track you down and stalk you. x

What I want to know is, was I right to say what I did and not give her my full name yet?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you did nothing wrong. Everyone has the right to maintain their privacy for as long as they choose. If she gets pissed about it, she's not worth it.

• Thanks. Yes funnily enough I haven't heard from her since last night.

She must be peed off so like you said she isn't worth it.

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 3

• dont reel pressured, online can be scary and its good what you did.

• you did nothing wrong :)

• Yes, you were right. Met my fiance online and we went at a comfortable pace for each of us and we really got to know each other. If you are hesitant, follow your gut and don't tell more than you should before you're ready.

What Guys Said 0