Interracial dating: Have you noticed the same thing I have?

I have noticed that some girls I know (white girls), who are dating interracially, are obssesed with their relationships. It seems that they would like to point out that they are with a black guy: posting pictures of mulatto babies on they facebook, writting things about races (a white man, a black man etc). I mean, all you can see on their Facebook profile are black athletes, black singers, mulatto kids, pictures with people with different color of skin. I don't get it.

Just to avoid confussions - I'm white and my boyfriend is black but it's not our color the crucial thing in our relationship. I'm wondering, is it just me, is it just girls from this part of the world different or is it common. What is your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't noticed it but I know why. My sister is the only one that does this.

It's her way of trying to blend - or force blending within her family and friends. She's trying to show pride in her decision. It's a stupid way to try and get acceptance where she thinks there isn't any but it's going to make her feel better about her uncertain decision.

It's absolutely not wrong for people to justify their actions this way but it can go overboard.

• Thank you. 😉 Yes, that's exactly what I have noticed. Showing the pride instead not giving a f*ck for all the racial subject. All the girls I have seen, behave very similar in that way. I found it interesting. Thank you for the explanation. 😊

• Ty for mho!

What Guys Said 4

• Naaaah. All girls no matter the relationship post their babies on facebook. If a girl has a baby and a Facebook account more than likely pictures of her baby is on there. No matter the baby's race. Well yeah of course they are going to have their favorite artists on there. That's with any girl too. You sound bias, which is based on what seems to be racism.

Just because you are white and your BF is black doesn't excuse the bias racism I am seeing.

• Okay, thanks. 😊 I think that if you date a different race, doesn't mean you have to define your relationship by that fact. For example: yes, I'll have mulatto babies, but I won't go posting pictures of mulatto babies just because they're mulattoes. I would post a photo of a baby of any race if I thing it's cute or I'm having a babyfever. It's strange, it's just something I was wondering. I don't know why are being rude. 😀

• Okay, thank you very much. No, not at all. I'm talking about girls without kids. Just posting random pictures of mullato babies, and seems that they're giving too much attention to their relationship being interracial. It's like they are giving too much importance to the fact of being with a person from other race.

I don't judge them, I don't think it's bad. 😉 It was interesting to see how similar is their behavior.

• Ohhhhhhh. Well then yeah posting random pics of mixed babies is weird to me. That does seem like they are pushing the interracial thing too much. Some girls take a lot of pride in being in a interracial relationship. I don't see it as something to boast about just like I wouldn't see a same race relationship as something to boast about.

• I haven't noticed that.

• Mulatto I'm surprised many even know of that term.

• So many size queens these days... FML.

What Girls Said 6

• Everybody is obsessed with their loved once, but yeah. I have seen some of this and I really don't see anything wrong with it. It's modern and sign for equality between race. More people should go outside their race. it's great :)

• Thank you. 😉 Yes, I think that pointing that you're partner isn't a sing for equality. But again, I starting to understand their psychollogy.

• I think there is a difference between obsession and love but that is just me

• Then their black men go off cheating with black women or mixed black women with phat asses lol.

• Interesting. What does that have to do with the topic?

• @realarthanreal lol did that happen to you? if not then i dont think you have a say if you never experienced getting cheated on. Even if you did get cheated on in this way it doesn't mean that all guys are like that

• @realerthanreao

• I just wish white boys dated black girls😩

• @Jay_jay921 they do lol my friend is black and she dates this white boy that is also my friend.

• funny thing is that im black and my gf is white so we are planning to double date lol

• Yea latinos and Asians and black women do that on Facebook too. I see black girls on Facebook posting my baby will be racially ambiguous since my bf is white. I even see latinos post pictures of their white bf or gf and say weird stuff. Asians and Indians do the same thing.

• no i don't care or pay attention to y'all esp if the guy is ugly

• i haven't seen that at all honestly. maybe its just because i dont associate myself with people like that, or its not common in my area. im not sure.