Anyone been in an unrequited relationship & felt the pain?

I'm still in one unrequited relationship. Just can't get her out of my system. She's always on my mind. I feel I'm obsessed. I'm not a stalker. I don't see her like every day or every week. Just once in 2-3 months. I used to self harm. Just to cope with the emotional pain. I don't know why it's so deep the attraction. She just wants to be friends but I can't suppress my feelings. I get too emotional. I try my best to avoid her. Just hate being in an imaginary relationship like on a spiritual level where you don't get the love back. I try so hard to make myself like other girls. But I don't seem to accommodate their feelings inside me. I know she worries that I don't love anyone back apart from her. It's so painful. I feel bad I'm telling her about my true emotions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I like a guy who has a girlfriend, what makes it worse is he acts like he likes me back but deep down I know he will never break up with her

• I'm sorry to hear your situation. Hope ure heart heals soon. Take care.

• Thank u, I hope your situation improvess too :)

What Girls Said 1

• Ughh. :*( my heart truly breaks for you.

• Hey it's quite bad at times... u wanna just leave the world.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, I've been there. I once had very strong romantic feelings for a friend of mine. I did everything I could to try to win her heart. It didn't work. She finally took me aside and told me nice but sternly nothing romantic is ever going to happen between us, she just doesn't feel that way about me. That was the push I needed to get over my feelings for her. I've known her for 7 years, and we're still friends. Yes, unrequited feelings are never pleasant, but it sure beat the hell out of getting your guts ripped out by a girlfriend you loved very much.

• Thanks... I just can't let her go. It's too spiritual. I don't know it kind of annoys me.

• Of course, most everyone has. What you do is learn from your mistakes.