Black girl white boy?

Ok so im in a high school thats majority white and in my algebra class their was this boy that sat next to me and he would talk to me everyday and smile at me , but then when we got new seats , he dont talk to me as much , i told my friend who sits next to him now to tell him i like him and he made a face like he was shocked. But now he dont talk to me anymore. What should i do? by the way im African american... not the ghetto type.. people call me a oreo lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Give him some space first. Let him think about it or maybe forget. He may not like you the way you like him. I know that hurts. I was in the same position. I'm not black, but I'm middle eastern and he's white. I was friends with him and told him I liked him too early, and he freaked out. He avoided me for months, but he now FINALLY realized that he likes me. This is after we became good friends. And yeah I feel bad I kept running after him even when he Avoided me lol bc I didn't know he was running in the opposite direction

What Guys Said 2

• The "Boy-Girl" game at that age is a mess, even when the races are the same. Don't take it personally.

• All I can say is... White people are weird. If you want to get to know him better, then try talking to him in or out of class. He may turn out to be interested, or also may turn out to just be friendly, and just want to be only friends with you.

What Girls Said 3

• Just leave it alone and next time it best that you tell the guy you like instead of his friend.

• The term "Oreo" is annoying and offensive.
    Just because you're not a stereotypical ghetto person you "act" white.
    So when your black and speak proper, have intelligence, & aren't obnoxious APPARENTLY your "acting" white.
    I don't know what you should do. He's probably not interested so there's nothing you really can do, but accept it and move on.

• 1. An Oreo is not a compliment. Love yourself.

2. Maybe he was friendly. I'm really friendly and people mistake it for flirty/liking someone.

3. Maybe he liked you and it faded. I like different people week to week almost lol