LDRs - would you do it?

I'm in an LDR (I'm in Toronto, BF is in Florida), and it's been a very exciting year. I'm happy to be in this relationship because I've found the person that I want to end up with, but it's hard as fuck! Seeing each other 2-3 times a year is brutal.

What are your thoughts on long distance love? Is it worth it or just a waste of time?

• Worth it
  • Waste of time

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is always worth it.

• Thank you for MHO, as much as this is the answer you probably wanted to hear, I mean it. There's drama, pain, and endless suffering and misunderstanding. But love provides a certain absolution. It's infinite.

• I totally agree with the 'drama, pain, and endless suffering and misunderstanding' part. (Well, maybe not the 'endless' part.) Every couple will experience those things at one point or another, and that's okay as long as there's enough love and respect between the two partners to work things out, forgive, not hold grudges, etc. So you're right: love will always prevail, and it's always worth it. It's not something you find every day.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Three years ago a man from Egypt found me on Fb and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him better, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo where I stayed with him and his family for 30 days. After returning to the states, I flew back later on and it was at the Ministry of Justice we tied the knot. I continued to reside there for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife and learning much about their culture and religion.
    I am back in the states now, and for much of the time, we have had many ups and downs, breakups and makeups, much of it my fault. I haven't returned to see him in a very long while, for the Middle East is getting much worse and I felt it in my best interest to not go over until I felt it was right with myself and God.
    It takes two very special people to make LDR work. Each one has to make a lot of time, take the effort to make this kind of relationship work and when only One or None is not putting anything in to it, it will surely go dead in the water.
    I am so pleased, so proud to see here, singlegirl, that both you and your soul mate are working together to make this relationship work. You both are pulling together, and even if it doesn't seem as though "2-3 times a year is brutal," it is Something Better than my own Efforts to see and be with a man I had married.
    Hang in there, this sounds as though you have everything it takes to hold this brave bond together and someday, believe me, it will pay off and be this magical dream that most people in a nearby relationship would envy and wish for...
    Yes, I can honestly say if I had to do it all over again I would. I got to travel to different countries, I even got the privilege to Live in aforeign land and most of all, I got to experience the feeling of making beautiful love to a man whom I am still in love with even today...
    Good luck, God bless you both. xx

• Thanks for sharing your story... and sorry to hear that you're having difficulties. I hope he's safe over there in Egypt.

Thank you :)

• You're so welcome, sweetie.. Hang in there, it isn't easy, but with love, it will find away if meant to be... Thank you for this... xx

• No, I wouldn't. If its within driving distance and I can only see him every few weeks, I can deal. But further than that - nope.

• Is it really worth the sexual frustration? How do you deal with buildup of desire?

• Sometimes the sexual frustration helps. Not only has it helped him with some personal issues, it makes our visits that much more amazing and magical. Think fireworks lol. We're both patient people, which I suppose makes things a little easier.

• Haha... we haven't slept together yet, which I'm guessing makes it easier because we're not necessarily longing for sex, we're longing to kiss and be intimate with each other. Sex will follow when we're ready. But, once we get there, yes. It'll be worth it 'cause we're in love.

• Are you wetting easily each time you think of him? Do you satisfy yourself with fingers or do you have phone sex or webcam arousal?