How to ask a friend to set you up?

Let me start by saying that I am a senior. My first and only girlfriend was when I was a sophomore in high school. I have been feeling kinda lonely for quite a while and would really like to go on a date with a girl. I'm not abnormally awkward or shy. I'm just not crazy outgoing when approaching women. Would it be out of line for me to ask a friend to see if he knows and single girls that I could go on a date with? He has a girlfriend so maybe they know someone... What do you guys and gals think?

Thanks for the advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe go on something casual with a group of people instead of a true blind date. Go see a football game or a concert or go out with a group of friends--guys and girls-- and try to make connections there! It'll be so much easier and more comfortable to get to know people when it's casual, and if you find a girl that you like, then ask her out! Good luck!

What Girls Said 0

• Well I think that you could ask your friends to set you up with someone as long as you know who they are as you think that you would like spending time with them because that is how I got my boyfriend by asking my friends to ask him out sometimes it is the best thing to do
    Hope I helped you out :)

What Guys Said 1

• Idea: Don't ask your friends to set you up with somebody you don't know at all! Find somebody you already know and think you'd enjoy spending time with. Like a best friend of the opposite sex that you would ignore your best friend over! xD

Hope I've helped!