Should I do it? Or should I wait?

I am going to this school homecoming dance with a friend as friends, and she does not want to be more than friends. So I was thinking of asking this other girl out, but will it be awkward if I ask this other girl out and am going to homecoming with another girl?

Or should I wait to ask this other girl out until after homecoming?
I was thinking if just taking the other girl just out on a date or something but not to homecoming because I have a prior commitment for that? Should I wait until after the dance to ask the other girl out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough one. It sounds like you already made a commitment to the first girl. The "honorable" thing to do would be to keep that commitment. But I also see why you'd want a real date.

One thing you do NOT want to do is take the first girl, then leave her alone while you go off with the other. If you go there with the first one, you have an obligation to make sure she isn't standing alone in the corner.

If you can somehow arrange for the three of you to go together, or meet there, that might work. But there is a good chance they will say it's OK, when it's not really. Another option is some kind of double date if you can set it up. Even if it's not a real date for the second couple, at least it avoids leaving someone standing alone.

Just be honest with whoever is involved and make sure everyone understands what's going on.

• I was thinking if just taking the other girl just out on a date or something but not to homecoming because I have a prior commitment for that? Should I wait until after the dance to ask the other girl out?

• Thank you for helping.

• You're welcome

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0