How to talk to somebody you like?

Im a fourteen year old girl and I think I like this guy in my art class. He's not popular so I'm not like afraid of talking to him because of that, I have just never spoken to him before and I'm probably the shyest person around new people, but once I get to know people I'm really fun and comfortable around them. This guy has a very popular best friend so I dont want to approach him incase his best friend is like wth? and I just want to know some casual ways to get somebody to talk to you
please and thank you xx

Most Helpful Guy

• After you told him your feeling , you could have your tongue wags whenever you're in mood.

What Guys Said 2

• If he's not really popular he probably would need some serious enticing to make a first step.
    I was like that once... and all the preening and other signs sent my way fell on deaf ears since them showing interest in me conflicted with my views about myself.

• Walk up and tell them something you like about them... find things in common :)

What Girls Said 1

• So what if his friend is "popular"? Is that supposed to be intimidating? Don't mind him, who gives a crap what he thinks. Just start by saying hi to your crush and smiling, then maybe catch him alone and exchange a few words, maybe ask him something, for directions or whatever. xD good luck and don't let stupidity like "popularity" get to you. When you're out of highschool that crap doesn't matter anymore.😉

• yeah but his popular friend used to bully me and I'm scared that if i tai to the guy i like his friend will tell him not to talk to me but his friend has changed so he could be nicer, thanks for the encouragement!

• If this friend of his tells him not to talk to you and the guy actually listens to him, he's not worth your time anyway.