Is it weird if I'm 14 and I like someone who is 17?

Is it weird if I'm 14 and I like a 17 year old. Usually I'm shy and nervous and feel a bit uncomfortable around older boys but this guys is so nice and I'll admit a bit nerdy while still being good looking. Defiantly not a player, just genuine. Would it be wrong to like him or even date him?

Awh that's so cute
Thanks everyone

Most Helpful Girl

• No, quite a few of my friends back in high school dated juniors and seniors. When I was a sophomore and junior some even had boyfriends who were in college. My old high school allowed prom and homecoming dates 21 and under I believe. It's pretty common for people to date older or younger in high school.

What Guys Said 12

• although you're under the age of consent it's totally normal

• Well, you got remember in 1 year he will be a legal adult age 18 and you will
    basically still be under the age of consent so you got think this one over before
    you get too serious with the guy.

• When I was 17, I dated a girl who was recently 15.

It did not turn out well. Age differences, man.

• What happened?

• There is a BIG difference in maturity and wants between a 15 year old and 17 year old.

• Okay I get it haha

• I don't see what's wrong with liking a boy a little older. Not like he's your dads age or anything :p

• It's not weird moat teenage girls like older teens, but I almost guarantee he will be after sex. Even if he seens like a "nice guy" . He will think he's hit the jackpot💰💰💰

• Haha no I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm not into that even if that is all he's after everyone knows your not going to get it from me.

• Not weird but it may not be legal so be careful.

• Its not if you dont tell any when you do smash

• I doubt he'd do that. He's a respectable guy

• Thats what they all seem like

• If he tried id break his throat. And I don't think he would.

• no, I am 21 and like a girl who is 17, but won't ask her out until her birthday (in 3 months).

• It's illegal here... just be careful, nice often is mistaken for "liking"

• Okay thanks

• Then why did you ask

• Asked because i don't know. And when you know you ask.

• 0|0
    • Some people are saying it would be weird to date him?

• Not weird at all no, but not recommended either.

• Not recommend because he could play me? Is that why?

• I suppose.

• Thanks (:

• No, it's a normal age gap, he's not too old

• But do you think that he would be interested in a girl as young as me. I'm kind of under age here ):

• Yeah I think so, I was interested in 14 year olds when i was 17

• Okay cool thanks (:

What Girls Said 11

• I'm in the same boat as you and no its not weird at all. I'm just like you, usually shy around guys but he's super cool and genuine.

• My guy is 11 years older than I. (I'm 19 now)
    Guys your age may be very boring for you as they totally were for me.
    You're fine. No sex though. Sorry I am saying that to you but our society loves to punish people for being totally natural.

• I don't want to anyway. I don't think he would care because he's actually not hat kind of guy

• Good idea. I waited too.

• (: it's worth the wait

• It's not weird to like him, but he is too old for you to date.

• Its normal, for dating it depends on the people

• no, but it'd be weird, if he likes you back

• Why?

• I'm not proud to admit it but I've liked 11 year olds.

• I've dated someone 17 years older than me at the age of 19. I wouldn't worry about it by no means :)

• Not weird. But better be careful.

• It's not weird I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 18 year old. Just people make it big deal.

• I know right! Thanks (:

• You would still be in high school while he's in college. He wouldn't want you then. There's soooo many girls at college.

• nope. thats not weird at all. at this point in your life, there might be a tiny bit of a maturity difference. but i don't think it'd be too weird to date him, if you guys are both into each other.

• Yeah, because 14 and 17 IS SUUUCH a big difference. Come on, stop it.

• It is kind of for me considering I don't know much about this stuff. So that's why I come on here to ask a question and get responsible and mature replies and and not to get a sarcastic answer It's a perfectly reasonable question. And it's also a serious question. No need to make fun of me over it. So can you please stop it. Grow up please. Seriously.

• Thanks @dolphiny (::

• lol yw <3