At about what age do you think most guys start being more interested in a relationship than sex?

Guys: How old were you when you started to care more about having a relationship with a girl than having sex with a girl? Or if you still prioritise sex more, how old are you currently? Or have you always cared more about being in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, your question is so generalized and all it tells us is that u think that all guys r the same.

There is no 1 answer to this, but i'l give u a complete answer. It really depends on the guy, how mature he is, what he believes, what he went through. There is all kinds of guys; some just looking for sex, some just for marriage, some saving for the girl they love, some who were in serious relationships and got their heart broken and decided to not be in one again and save the drama, some (like my friend) plan to have sex and all the fun at their young age and then when they get older (around 33-40) they settle with one woman and marry her. The list goes on

Personally, I am 21 and prioritizing sex over anything is just stupid to me. All i care about is having a strong and meaningful relationship with a decent woman and marry her.

• I knew someone would jump on the general nature of my question; but I do actually understand that there are individual differences.

Thank you so much for a good, detailed answer :)

• sounds good.

• Cool :)
      Thanks

What Guys Said 16

• For me around 27
    I've dated a lot of girls and played enough to realize what I was missing was a real relationship which was when I was about 27 and its a wonderful thing to be in, which now I'm looking for a new one :/

• in my personal experience I've always preferd a relationship before sex I've always been very compassionate and empathetic to a girls feelings i like to think i can be trusted enough that my gf can tell me anything and not feel uncomfortable or embarrassed i like to be the person who can take her in my arms kiss her and tell her everything will be ok.

• Very small part of it has to do with age. It mostly has to do with where he is in his life and finding the right girl

• Ok thanks.
      What do you mean by "where he is in his life"?

• What he's doing with his life. If he has a job and is partying every weekend or if he has a career and is winding down. If he's into church or not. Focused on building a future or if he's already established in a career. Just what his situation is in the present

• Ok thanks :)

• with 13 maybe, then I got breakups and with 16 I wanted flings, now relationships, I'm almost 18.

I can tell you that info won't help you at all, if a guy changes his mind something must've happened. it's not about the age, it's about what went through that persons mind.

• You mean experience changes his outlook on this? That makes sense.

• most humans are not born as bitter persons, they are made one.
      if a guy is weak/naive minded and can't deal with his break up in the past he might reject another till his dead, you get formed by your surroundings and I also changed a lot from my first gf till now. only 3-4 had impact in how I changed till today

• I always wanted a relationship but I kept running into girls who didn't want one or burned me and moved on. Now I'd rather have sex and have no interest in a relationship. Funny how that worked out.

• I'm 18 and if I like a girl it's really not that much about sex, I'm more interested in the relationship and have been forever, it could change but I doubt it, I guess I'm just a traditonal guy. But that's just me, I'm sure most guys are more interested in the sex.

• I cared more about relationships when I was a teenager. Now I care more about sex.

• ssome guys will never care avout relationship... nd i'm one of them :P

• I was 16yrs old when sex meant nothing to how much I cared for my then girl friend. So I don't think age really matters in terms of maturity.

• Depends heavily on the guy, but I would say on average in their 30s since most guys have gotten it out of their system by that point and are more interested in settling down.

• Oh wow, that's a decade older than me!

• I said on average, some guys sooner. However, to blunt most guys in their 20's are still wild and crazy and still into partying. But there are the more focused types who aren't.

• The particular guy I'm interested in isn't into partying and drinking.

• I always wanted a relationship, and not just sex, but my insecurities about my body kept me from dating altogether until my 30s. I'm still a virgin.

• Ok, thank you.
      I'm sorry you felt that way for so long :(

• Ever since i was capable of romantic and sexual attraction (age 12), I have only been interested in serious romantic relationships in terms of dating.

• I'm getting better but I'm still about 60-40, majority on sex. So I guess it's some point after age 25 lol, maybe 28?

• When i was 16+ i only cared about scoring when i became 25 give are take a year it became more

• When I was in my teens and a virgin I just wanted a relationship. Now? I'm not single but if I were I'd want both. But I'd choose just sex over a relationship with bad sex. Men don't choose a relationship over sex - sex is a core element of a relationship.

• I know that sex is part of a relationship, but would you ever be in a relationship just for the purpose of getting sex?

• No. I could have more sex if I wasn't in one right now.

• Ok, thank you :)

• It probably varies a LOT. I'm only 17 and still a virgin, and I don't really care about losing my virginity. I just wish I could find someone to be in a relationship with, even if there's no sex involved at all

• Ok, thanks :)

• I am a 20-year-old virgin who has never dated, yes.

He is a really good guy. He has been in a relationship for 2.5 years before (age 19-21) and been single for 1.5 years (21-23) but I think he is probably still a virgin because he is a Christian.

• You could! You very well easily could! though I don't know about now but I waited till I was almost 30 to lose my virginity. I'm sure there are still women that have good morals...

What Girls Said 4

• I'm 17, turning 18 next month and right now I'm in high school just taking a break from relationships because I haven't met the right person in my life yet. Some guys though care less about sex in a relationship but I would say it depends on the person. I would like to have a serious relationship, but I want to date someone who is also mature and knows what they want in a relationship and who they want to be with. I would like a relationship that is real and worth the wait, because I've gotten my heart broken once to many. Maybe as they mature with time they will care less about sex and more about the person they are with. I don't really want sex in a relationship until I am married. In the future I would like to date someone who is at least a year older than me. I would like a serious, relationship in the future no fun in games

• That's lovely 😊
      Although, while I agree that you should not play games with each other while in a relationship, you should make room for fun!

• There's no definite age or range. A guy can be 40, but still go from girl to girl and never want to settle down.

• It's not so much about the age, but about finding a girl who completes them.

• How can you tell if you complete each other?

• I think when people say that, they mean that you are too immature to maintain a healthy relationship with the person you're in love with.

• @want2helpout84 what asker said. couldn't have said it better, thanks asker ^^

• 40 years old

• Haha seems like it with some guys

• Depends. 40 no kids might be looking to settle down. 40 and divorced might be looking to make up for crappy sex life and not get into another relationship.