I'm 28, but only REALLY young girls seem to get attracted to me. Help!

This might sound silly, but I seem to be really stuck. I'm 28, but for some reason only really young girls seem to fancy me. The 'oldest' girl who liked me romantically was 22, and the youngest was 12! I know that age is just a number, but still I find this awkward and somewhat creepy as well.

I do realize that I look quite young for my age. I think I appear to be around 23 or 24. But them even considering this, I don't understand why 12 or 13 year old girls hit on me!

I have tried approaching women around my age (25 to 30), but none of them seemed to show much interest in spite of them knowing my correct age. I have been in a couple of relationships in my early 20s, but they didn't last long.

I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Someone care to give me some tips?

P. S. I may be able to look a couple of years older if I grow facial hair, but I find facial hair too uncomfortable. It pricks and itches me a lot, so I always keep myself clean shaven for personal hygiene and comfort reasons.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's just the life of a baby-face.
    Most people think I'm 12 years old. The only guys who ever are interested in me are, you guessed it, 12 years old. Whereas my friends who look their age or older get hit on by appropriately aged guys.

If you have a baby-face, then that's why. I really can't explain the 12 and 13 year olds, I guess they're just bold? xD

• yeah, the 12 and 13 years olds are probably just bored! You know once I got an email from someone claiming to be a 11 year old girl. She said she contacted me after seeing my pics and email on my video game related blog. Said she wants to dry hump with me!

I was quite sure it was either an older woman or a man, but it was kinda creepy and funny at the same time!

And by bay face is not THAT babyish!

Most Helpful Guy

• I get told I look younger too and have been in a somewhat similar situations.

What I notice, especially post 30 is that many girls are playing this "I'm too old nobody wants me" bullshit and obsessing over every possible wrinkle they may get on their faces. The other problem you're probably facing is the lower 20's girls are most likely college students and you obviously don't wanna waste your time "dating" someone who is gonna possibly transfer to a far off school in a year or so. That would be pointless.

It's odd too because we get these stories of how older girls are done hooking up and want to settle down. The other problem I see is they're limiting themselves to higher earning men. So if they don't feel you're gonna throw up a white picket fence and rush into marriage they're gonna overlook you. So you're gonna have to be careful and keep an ear out if she brings up something like how her friend got married because that means she's gonna be dating you wanting marriage fast!

• Thanks for the well thought out and detailed answer! Much appreciated! :)

• Welcome! Not sure it really gives an answer but figured I'd throw in random things.

What Girls Said 4

• age Is not just a number. Especially not when the girls are 12-14...

I don't know what to tell you.

• Yeah yeah, please cut out girls below 18! I just didn't mention this explicitly. I'm not a pedo, if that's what you're thinking. Not at all. The 'age is just a number' part, I only meant it for girls above 18.

Anyway, I'm surprised how a few females here are behaving like its MY fault if per-pubescent girls hit on me. I'm not a pedo, pervert, rapist whatever.

• Didn't say it was your fault

• How do you dress?

• Depends on the situation. If its work or something official, I dress formally. Otherwise, I prefer T-Shirts/casual shirts with jeans or cargo pants.

But yeah, I do tend to dress in a slightly 'funky' way. Nothing over the top, though.

• Do you wear a suit at work?

• No, not a suit. The dress code at my workplace is 'business casual', but i still try to keep it as formal as possible. No one ever wears a suit (unless its a special occasion), so I'd be sticking out like a sore thumb if I wore one.

• Young girls have crushes on older guys, it's normal. A long as you DO NOT act on it in any way.

• If you think 12 or 13 year old girls are hitting on you, I think you probably really need to see a psychiatrist.

• Whaaaaat? Why should I see a psychiatrist? there's nothing wrong with me, I'm not a pedo. Its THEM who hit on me, and I don't ever encourage that or let them continue with ti.

• i'm quite certain that most 12 or 13 year old girls don't hit on anyone

if you're mistaking them being nice to you or being a regular giggly 12 year old girl, then there is really something wrong with you

• Huh? I guess you're stuck in the 70s. Now 10 year olds are having girlfriends/boyfriends. Not saying its right, but its certainly happening. I myself remember having a crush on someone when I was 12, but I just brushed it aside and never acted on it.
      Besides, one 13 year old actually came up to me and said "I want to dry hump with you".
      Now what exactly was MY fault?

What Guys Said 8

• 12 year old girls hit on you?

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with dating a 22 year old.
    If you actually want to change that I suppose some sort of personality makeover could do the trick, become a more serious person, start wearing suits and leather shoes or something.

• I dated a 28 year old before... it was 6 year difference for me

The only problem was that she was at the age that she wanted to have kids soon and get married.

Which turned into something too serious for me to handle since I felt that I'm too young to even think of kids let alone getting married.

However, if I was 28 dating a 22, I wouldn't mind :/

• I have always looked older, and i have had the same problem. I think its the way i treat women though. I treat younger women very nicely and i feel usually more comfortable around women that are older so they open up to me more.

• Well... I don't suppose I treat women of different ages differently. I mean... I only behave differently with women 40 and older, or girls 15 and younger.

• I am more open an nicer around women not my age, i see it in myself. I remember when one day my unit did an outreach thing where they sent marines to an elementary school for the day to do phyical activities like sports and shit. By the end of the day of the day i had like (15) 10 and 11 year old girls following me around i couldnt even go anywhere without being followed.

• That's funny, because I am 22 and older girls are attracted to me.
    It would be much better if you posted a picture, but it is okay.
    Ask yourself this. What do you wear? How do you talk or behave? These answers will help you why younger girls attracted to you. I found out that older girls in late 20's are attracted to me because of how I talk and I wear just normal clothes (no "swag" crap or saggy pant, stylish t-shirt..., etc).

• I don't mind posting my pic, but a lot of people on here actually know me. I don't want them to find out its me! :P

• I'm sorry for your situation man but it's like super hilarious x'D

Hope you find someone you like in the future~~

• Its alright, you don't have to be sorry! I often laugh at my situation myself! :P

• Laughing is how people deal with hard situation. Just take a look at standup comedians and what they make jokes about. Most of the time it's themselves :)

• Same problem here my man... the curse of babyface I guess...

• Hehehe baby face! I guess I've got that too! :P

• Are you Johnny Bravo?

• I am 20, and high school girls are most interested and me (and I like them too)

• If you like them too, then there's no issue!