I am shy and nervous, how can I ( in a subtle way) get him to make the first move?

I have been dating a guy for about five months now, and we still haven't kissed yet (There was an indirect kiss, but i don't think that counts?). I REALLY like this guy, but I honestly have 0 practical dating experience. I know what to do in my head but I am unable to do anything when I'm with him in person. I'm so shy and nervous, even though I know he's a great guy and he likes me too.
I want to go to the next level with him, but I don't know what to do. I'm terrified that if I try to make the first move, I will screw it up somehow, and that I will freeze up. The last guy I dated (which was a much longer time ago than i care to mention) called me "Awkward girl" because of how i froze when he kissed me. I do NOT want that to happen again>.<

Poll: Do guys get turned off when a girl's brain goes Kaput after she's kissed?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• i can honestly tell you this guy has some sort of interest in you (obivously 5 months) and with that said you have two options. tell him or show him. either one is good. trust me you are over thinking this. but if he hasn't made a move yet its either because he is unsure how you feel or is not ready for it. i put my money on him not knowing how you feel.

so here is my advice: since you are shy with not a lot of experience. catch him buy surprise and kiss him on the forehead. keep this up by kissing him on places near his lips. this may tempt him to "go for it more" or just be like "bitch kiss me already!!!"

What Guys Said 5

• Jesus...'five months now, and we still haven't kissed yet.' That is unbelievable. If you can't get a kiss in 5 months, how long is it going to take you to get down to biz?

Personally I would love a gal that goes blank and would let me do what I like. But apparently your bf does not get it. He may be queer if he has been with you 5 months and no kisses. Ask him if he would like to take a bath with you. Start lathering him up and see where it goes. Good luck... you will need it.

• wtf five months? You guys aren't dating basically. This is a platonic friendship with a possibility of a romantic relationship.

• I think its cute when I date girls like that. I like them more. It will be fine. But if he hasn't yet either it sounds like you will have to kiss him first.

• Its cute when u froze. Shy cuties are the CUTEST thang in the WORLD!

• YOU can't BE SUBTLE WITH GUYS.

What Girls Said 1

• Go for it girl!! I suggest when you're hugging to look up in to his face and lean toward him! Almost kissing him but not quite, he'll lean in and kiss you! You go 90% and he'll make up the 10%! I know if can be scary but once you do it it will be so worth it! It's a beautiful thing to become comfortable with someone so just try to let lose a little bit! I'm not in any way suggesting you change your personality but just open yourself up!