Is 5'11 a good height for a man? Am I too short?

I feel like their is a big psychological difference that women perceive between someone who says he is 5'11 vs someone who says he is 6'0.

Should I lie and say I am 6'0 (one inch taller) on dating sites to get more interest?

I am 21 so I don't think I will grow 1 more inch :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Your height is fine dude

• Always wanted to be 6' as a kid but god played a mean trick on me by making me only 1 inch shorter lol

• That 1 inch will go unnoticed. I promise you lol

What Girls Said 10

• 5'11 just sounds shorter than it is to some people because of the 5.
    Just put 6' on your profile if it bothers you, I doubt many people will be able to tell you're an inch off.

But I doubt anybody will think a 5'11 guy isn't tall enough for them unless it's a super tall girl.

• Your definitely not too short. I think the average woman is between 5"5 - 5"7

• I think it's a great height I'm only 5'2 so having someone super tall is sometimes really inconvenient

• Isn't that average or more? You've got nothing to worry about.

If you're on a dating site or something though, I bet most women wouldn't be able to tell the difference so you could get away with lying and saying six!

• Seriously i don't think 1" will make or break it if its right! and plus if u did lie i doubt anyone would notice ;)

• that's the tallest i go for

• That's a good height !

• never ever have i heard a guy ask that! i think that height is perfect considering im only 5''

• maybe because my best friend is 6'8'' lol

• lol He can't even fit through most doors without ducking his head :) Most people are scared of him lol.

• so maybe he's a little too tall Cx your height is great though. i wouldn't date a guy thats any taller than 6 foot 3

• Well I'm 5'2 so anyone taller than me is fine. 5'11 is a good height.

• 5'11'' is still a good height. 6 foot just sounds better lol.

What Guys Said 5

• In real life that's a great height (slightly taller than average but not too tall) but on dating sites girls are probably more critical/ analytical so the extra inch would probably make a big difference.

• ok, thanks for the unput

• I read some studies that said 6'1'' guys get the most replies on dating sites, so I guess my height can't be that bad. I just notice that some women have a fetish for REALLY tall men (6'4+) so who knows really..

• Some girls might prefer guys that are over 6 ft but generally as long as you're taller than her , you're good. At 5'11 or 6 ft if you lie, you are still taller than the majority of girls. I think face probably matters more. If the 6'4 dude has a metiocore face, he's not really at an advantage. Also the number that really matters is yearly salary not height. ;)

• Why not, who's gonna notice an inch...

• It will probably make a huge difference on dating sites. I will add this to my list of reasons not to use dating sites.

• Taller then me, I stand at 5'8 if just a teensy bit under.

• Brad Pitt is 5'11. Rest is upto you !!