I want to be be in love <3?

i just want to be in love. i know im young, but i just really want it you know? just to be loved by a boy, told im beautiful, to be kissed, to be cherished and wanted (ok, that last wanted thing sounded depressing, i just mean like i want someone else to want me romantically like i feel for guys). there isn't a fine selection at my school at all (my friends and i actually jokes about that all the time, theyre jerks and players or really creepy). i have very high self worth, i know im beautiful and smart and funny, i just want a guy to see that in me and for him to love me for all of that and for me to love him for all he is too, what do i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Patience is a virtue!

Sometimes you have to wait a really really long time, so the key is to stay positive during that time. Love finds everyone eventually...

But philosophically, the idea of love... which you just described... is precious in itself. Possibly more precious than what you get from actually relationships, which are usually messy at best.

You have this ideal of love, but once you get into a relationship (or even a fling), you're going to have to deal with all the negatives as well like heartbreak, betrayal and the fact that humans can at times be very selfish, deceitful, and sometimes even vicious. These are lessons everyone learns at some point.

But that doesn't mean you should ever get cynical. The ideal of love is a beautiful thing. And if everyone fully believed in it, the world would be a better place for sure.

But my advice is do try to protect your heart a little bit, and try to wait for the right guy to come along. Someone who sees the world the way you do. Or close enough. That is important. And recognize that the time you have now when you're still free, and independent, and innocent to love is valuable time to explore your own identity and learn more about yourself. The more you know who you are as a person, the better off you will be when you finally meet someone else you want to share yourself with.

What Guys Said 7

• Love is a tender, sensitive thing. Dont go looking for it or you will scare it away and it will keep on running..
    Love comes to those that are least expecting it. Keep enjoying your life and be strong. Love will find you when it's ready.. and you feet won't touch the ground!

• I feel ya. Take the time to actually talk with guys. It seems like nowadays we prioritize communication as some second hand task on the back burner. Your never just trying to talk to someone, there's always some other task at hand.

• problem is there are pretty much no guys worth dating at my school. they are all looking to get some or are just really creepy individuals (so not many options for talking lol)

• other problem: i like guys who are involved in the things i take part in. not a lot of guys in choir though, lol!

• Try other things :P

• You'll get there eventually.

Love isn't necessarily something that you plan or can anticipate, it just happens.

And it is beautiful. Just be patient and some dude will come along who will rock your heart!

• I do too. I am 20 and never had a gf

• single pringle club! haha at least your in college and so you have so many more girls to interact with!

• Not exactly. I took an untraditional route and enrolled in a stand-alone EMT program. Most of the students are married or much older. Plus, I am very selective. So my options are low.

• No, just stop and enjoy the rest of your childhood trust me!!!

• hahaha i know, i told you i know im young! i dont believe in stupid kid relationships though, when i date, im looking for real love. and I've come up pretty short (high standards lol;))

• You are rushing things. Relax, it will
    Happen.

• Listen to yourself, you sound like such a narciccissit-fuck grammar-maybe if you werent so full of yourself maybe you would allow a guy to enter that tight picky social circle of yours

• so im wrong for having self worth and not settling for someone i dont feel comfortable with?

• Its good that you have high self worth but categorizing all of your school as jerks or creeps, thats stupid. Maybe you're too shallow and a guy that would love you is just not "up to your standards" or he is just too shy to approach you

What Girls Said 3

• don't we all want that? :p you're so young. it'll happen for you. guys your age are pretty dumb for the most part. they can't see a good thing if it hit them in the face. be you. cultivate yourself. you'll get what you want soon enough :)

• it just seems like girls are looking for love, we complain that there are no good guys around, all the guys are chasing girls who have given up and are trying to find love by giving everything away fast and easy, so guys are taking that and then complaining that girls have no character or substance, just seems like such a vicious cycle, ugh haha

• i know i was only joking :)

• haha ok, sorry, i just want to ruffle any feathers or hurt feelings:)

• I know the feeling! I'm 19 and I've never been in love. People have said they were in love with me but I felt nothing, cuz it *was* nothing to me.

I wanna find that guy who just sets all the fireworks off. You aren't even an adult yet tho so DW too much!

• Girl love is the hardest thing to attain. Its not always peaches and creme either, it has the darkest of moments as well. And those dark moments are the most painful of moments.