Do you agree that being called handsome is not a compliment?

I think beonf hot is better than handsome

Most Helpful Girl

• it's a compliment
    just as well as being called "hot" is a compliment.
    I believe calling a guy handsome is a better compliment than "hot."
    I feel like it'll make me sound horny if I called a guy hot.
    I would call a guy hot if I was sexually attracted to him.
    Handsome is more like, "dam, that guy has it spot-on." like how he maintains his sense of style and hygiene.
    A guy can be both hot and handsome in my book.

What Girls Said 11

• really? i -love- the term handsome... and i use it to mean gorgeous + manly. lol.

• I call my boyfriend handsome all the time...

• It's the kind of compliment you get from your mom or grandma, or some other family member. Not from a girl who seems to be into you.

• Girls are stuck up anyway

• @Worldsugliestman: Dude, I'm fucking 6'1" and even guys around my height were turned off by that. It's the guys who want girls shorter than them because it makes them feel manly. They don't want to be emasculated by a woman. And girls who blab about their boyfriends dick size like it's everyone's business are pretty scummy and not worth dating.

• Well your the rare type then.

• When I say someone is handsome I genuinely mean it and have respect for him. When I call someone hot, sometimes I don't take it seriously and he's just sexy, doesn't have to be handsome. I think handsome is a better compliment than hot.

• I don't agree. To me handsome guys are still cute

• You can be handsome and I would still want to do dirty stuff in the dark corner...

• I think handsome sounds more mature. I don't like calling guys hot or cute because it just seems really immature. Also a lot of guys I know hate being called cute or hot. I usually say attractive or handsome.

• Disagree, I find being called hot offensive unless it's my boyfriend telling me that during intimacy.

Handsome is better.

• You came back eh?

• its a compliment.

• Men these days I swear

What Guys Said 12

• I see handsome as a much bigger compliment when a woman around my age says it.
    When I was younger I often heard from teachers "you're a handsome young man" and I just took that as something older women say, because no one my age said it. But the first time a girl my age said it, I took that as a huge compliment

• Handsome is what your mother says. Handsome is what someone says when you wear your first school uniform or a suit to work for the first time. Handsome is like a doctor fingering your ass, no matter how good the intentions you're still going to feel awkward for it.

• Lol wtf @ the last sentence

• Who are you laughing at

• It's a perfect example of how it is, the doctor is knuckle deep for your health and a lady may call you Handsome in hope of making you feel good but both don't sit comfortably with me.

• Man you fellas are stupid (no hate). I made an account just to comment on this question. Anyways I get called handsome all the time mostly by older ladys. Its a formal way of saying your attractive. No girl really calls me hot to my face unless its a girl friend. Just because hot in a way is a sexual compliment, kind of weird to say it to someone unless you're someway sexually involved, and I am hot. Point being handsome is one of the best compliments you can receive. Embrace that sht bro.

• Better than being called "cute".

• What's wrong with cute?

• Well I can't tell you that you're wrong because that's how you feel and I can understand that completely. It kinda sucks because there aren't too many words to describe how attractive a man , without it sounding feminine or childish.

• What I meant with "if I'm wrong", was that maybe women in the US don't say cute meaning the guy looks like a baby, but that they're attracted to them, like they think they're handsome/hot, but saying this would be too direct.
      That's why I told you to correct me, because maybe I'm misinterpreting what they're trying to say.

• The very first time a girl told me I was handsome, the inner me flared up into joy. The girls was right infront of me looking directly into my eyes with a beautiful smile. a girl your age telling you you're handsome to your face is amazing. And I can assure you they don't mean it as an goody little toosh ass your mom consiferes as handsome.

• I'm pretty sure handsome means "having a physically attractive face", I do not see how that is not a compliment.

• because my mom calls me handsome that's why

• yeah but because you don't have six pack abs They don't think you're hot

• if someone is that shallow, all you need to do is not talk to them. Although I must admit I can afford to be as picky as I am at my age, I'd still not settle for someone whose values I find repulsive.

• I agree. It's like a pussy compliment from a girl scared to express attraction cuz ur not hot.

• I've been called cute a bunch of times but handsome really compliments me and makes me feel good inside

• I completely agree.

• It depends on who says it and in what circumstance. If you're at a party and a girl says you're handsome i would take it as: "you look good, but not for me"

• I take it as a compliment. Better than being called ugly or unattractive.

• Agreed. Girls don't want to date/marry a handsome guy they want to date/marry the Hot, good looking gorgeous type guys.