Advice for a "goth" girl dating a "normal" guy?

I've been on a few dates with a really polite guy, he seems really interested in me and even introduced me to his mom. He knows that I wear all black with chunky shoes and thick makeup, he first met me like that. He's a very clean cut, respectable young man (he's 25, I'm 21) but he's only had one or two girlfriends in his whole life, which makes me worry if he's dating me because he's been single for 4 years or does he actually like me?

Every night that he drops me off, he always walks me to the door, holds open doors for me, he put his jacket around my shoulders, he SEEMS really interested, but I'm not sure if it's genuine interest or just deperate interest, I know there have been a few girls to like him, but they don't like much of what he does at all.

He's a little geeky, we first clicked when he mentioned the fact he played a lot of the same video games I did, he also loves musicals, singing, art, half of the music I like (minus the more metal type stuff), and he tries really hard to show off (ex. When he's singing or bowling, wearing a good smelling cologne, occasionally a pair of black cargo pants, he'll style his hair, clean his glasses really well, bring over some of my favorite movies he's also into, overall look nice like he's got someone he's trying to impress).

I don't know if he's just being really friendly or he actually wants to take our relationship further than just a few dates.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only way to know is to keep going out further. We can't read his mind to tell you what his intentions are. There is such thing as being single and enjoying that life. Him going out with you is doing just that

• He introduced me to his mom is what made me question

• Did he set a date for you to meet his mom or did he introduce you because at that time it was convenient?

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like your overthinking this a bit too much or maybe you have some self image problems. If he is still with you it must be cos he likes you. If he cares enough to remember the little things about you he is totally interested.

• I just worry, I've had people date me as a "joke" so I'm a little wary

• Date you as a joke? Thought that was something reserved for stupid teen movies... Sorry, that sucks. But yeah maybe you just have a little anxiety about something. It's natural, everybody gets it about something bu it's only a problem if it starts to dictate your behaviour. emotional scars are f***ing hard to heal but... I would go for the trust and love thing everytime. Opening up to someone leaves you vunerable but for me the benefits will always out weigh the negatives. Just try to enjoy the ride. You will get better at picking yourself back up as you go

• So based on "few dates" can't really judge this kid's intentions, give it some more time see where it leads y'all, only time will tell, till then keep your hopes up.

What Girls Said 0