Does my boyfriend sound like he's embarrassed of me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. While I've met a few friends, I still haven't met his parents. I know that comes with time, but tonight I couldn't hang out because they were coming over to watch football. Isn't that weird?
He also knows that I want to do things for Halloween like parties, haunted houses, etc. He got invited to a work party (in which the host will have his wife there) and told me I can't go because it's just people he works with. Well, I'm sure all the people he works with have gf/bfs and why would the hosts partner be the only other female there? I also took him out for his birthday-dinner and a movie. Right before the movie started, he got a text from his friend inviting him to go drinking. I understand that's fun, but he couldn't wait until the movie was over so he could go drink. Then, he wasn't even going to invite me. On the way there, he told me not to embarrass him in front of all of his friends. It sucked for me because I took him out, but he made me feel like my plans for him were insignificant. I talk to him about it and he doesn't understand. He said at least I invited him and I worry about petty things. What does this sound like to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he is embarrassed, and is acting like a jerk. If I really like a girl I wouldn't be embarrassed by them at all. Frankly it's my family that I find embarrassing, but in the end if the relationship was serious I'd introduce them.

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing personal but he kinda sounds like a duche. Any work related party is for the employee and their partner. Also a year and you haven't met his parents thats just weird. Sounds like he doesn't really respect you or appreciate you. You need to have a serious talk with him about where your relationship is going. If you love someone you want to show them off to people including their parents, friends, and coworkers.

• He sounds like a dick, you should start doing the same to him and hopefully he will understand or just breakup with him.

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't sound like he's treating you very well :( He should love showing you off to his family, friends, and coworkers and if he doesn't it seems like a red flag... Just remember that whatever the issue is, it's HIS problem. YOU are not the problem and don't let him make you feel like you're something he needs to be ashamed of!