What is really wrong with me?

I know I'm "still young" and I have my "whole life ahead" of me, but it has been almost 3 years since my abusive relationship. I feel out of place.
I don't want to come off as arrogant, but I'm not bad looking nor do I have a bad personality.
My ex used to call me a "cow", "pig", "slut".
My closes friends, my not so closest friends, and relatives compliment me when they see me.
Guys always say I'm "gorgeous", "beautiful", "stunning". That my personality is "amazing".
But just like every reaction when they ask me if I'm single and I say no, they get shocked. Some even call me a liar.
I know I should be flattered but it breaks me apart when they tell me "I can't believe your single!"
I can't believe it either...
I may be chubby but I've seen heavier girls with bfs. Basically, random people as couples, yet they all have something in common. They are happy.
What's wrong with me? When will I ever be loved by a guy? When will a guy genuinely make me feel wanted for the right purposes instead for sexual purposes? I never get approached... I feel like an outcast... why is this happening to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow seriously? it's not even that big of a deal. I've never even had a relationship period, and it's really not that bad. There's plenty of time in our lives in addition to the fact that love isn't the most important or best thing in life. Work on your career. Contribute to society. Better yourself and be something positive in the world instead of just a baby making machine.

What Guys Said 3

• ever thin maybe you need to start choosing the men you date instead of letting them choose you.

• Listen i am single and have been for a couple of years. Its not that bad, focus on yourself, your goals, your career, your health, be positive, openminded and i am absolutely positive along the way a guy is going to notice you.

• i haven't been in a relationship and I feel okay. just focus on your own life for now and once you feel ready, go find that second half

What Girls Said 3

• I was in an abusive relationship... several of them. The feeling of someone saying "omg WHY are you single" is like... a jolt. It brings you back to your previous relationships, which weren't great, and then you are reminded of loneliness of now. Trust me, when you learn to love yourself you will be lovable to someone who deserves your love in return. It took me 15 years of dating to meet the man of my dreams, and I am also a chubby woman. Don't be afraid to be yourself and put yourself out there. There is nothing sexier than confidence.

• First off, its not a "must" to have a boyfriend. Who ever is getting shocked at ur being single is following the media too much. Its their problem. I feel if you still haven't found the right person for you, its perfectly fine to remain single.

Be firm in not accepting any tom, dick, or harry who comes along. Wait for the right person. Pray to God, he will ensure ur wishes come true. I have found my BF after a really loooong time, but he is so understanding and cute, he is worth the wait :D

So, if its happened to me, I am sure it will happen to u too. Just believe it. Don't underestimate the power of a sincere belief!

• In order to get approached, you have to LOOK approachable. You have to look like someone that people want to talk to.