He's giving up because i'm leaving?

We have had the best month together but i'm going overseas for 3 months & we aren't ready to try long distance just yet.
This last week he has been pulling away.
I know he is scared of getting hurt & i think thats why.
I want there to be hope of us when we get back.
I love him & I want to be with him one day.
But i'm scared that the is going to give up just because 'm leaving.

Most Helpful Guy

• LDRs don't work, and he's smart to do what he's doing. You're going to a new, exciting place, and what happens if you meet some great guy there? If he's still emotionally invested, he'd be crushed. At least this way, he has no hold on you, and won't feel betrayed if something like that happens. And things like that happen A LOT, and he wouldn't be there to defend himself or your relationship.

If both of you are still single and still interested when you get back, you can resume dating. But neither of you should put your lives on hold based on that assumption, ESPECIALLY since you've only been together for a month.

What Guys Said 2

• WHY IS HE SCARED OF GETTING HURT? YOU ARE COMING BACK IN 3 MONTHS..

What have you two discussed about you going overseas..

IF you haven't said any of this you need to bring it up to him in a short bold way and tell him that you still want to be with him when you get back..

• I'd do the same thing as him. I wouldn't wait either.

What Girls Said 0