Is it really ok to text him if he has a girlfriend?

I got back in touch via Google+ with an old old friend. We started texting all day every day. He lives a few hours away from me now but we had video chatted since.

He told me he's been dating around but met someone and that it's going good.

So I feel weird texting so much. But he seems to be around a lot. And is right there to talk.

I could easily have picked up the convo again and we would still be going on and on. But I stopped because I felt I should.

What if I'm misunderstanding? And he's more available than I think? OR could he just be very interested in remaining friends so he's puttig in effort to not lose touch again? (Been YEARS since we last spoke)

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can just be friends!! I have a gf and also a female friend I party with and hangout with a lot! she's great, but I would NEVER cheat. Why can a person not have a friend of the other sex just because he or she is in a relationship? Thats not how it works... he feels good with his girl, his girl feels good with him, but you and him also feel good together on friendship level! So just continue with that and hangout! Friends are important to have.. especially from another sex! It opens your world and makes you understand men (or in my case women) more... :) Just be friends, but respect his relationship and dont start flirting or so..

What Guys Said 1

• He wants to stay friends if he's just started seeing someone. Stay in touch, there's no harm in it.

• Yeah I'd like to stay in touch, while im glad he's been so easy to reach and reciprocative, it's also confusing because I compare this to my other male friendships where they're in a relationship. I don't hear from them nearly as often.

What Girls Said 3

• If he has someone else you probably shouldn't talk to him as much as you do now. But I don't think you have to stop altogether. Talking every now and then about innocent things is completely fine in my opinion, as long as you respect his girlfriend/the girl he's dating/whatever he's got going on.

• He might just want to be friends. Or things could be going great but he's still interested in you somewhat and doesn't want to give up the option of getting together with you someday.

• This is what I'm wondering in particular, for the "down the road," which makes me unsure how I feel of that...

• if he said he has a gf its probably a bad idea to be talking to him.. i mean you feel guilty about it because im assuming you probably like him... which would make this a bad idea.

• I find it more confusing than anything else, the guilt made me pull back though. I just can't be talking so much to someone with a girlfriend. So that's where I'm confused a bit as to why he's so available to talk and reciprocative

• Not all guys are faithful or should I say it's not that he isn't it could be he just doesn't see what's wrong with it. Maybe he does like you and that's why he's talking to you. You did the right thing pulling back though.