Girlfriend doesn't drink. How do deal with her?

My girlfriend doesn't drink (not even a little... okay maybe a sip). She doesn't mind that I drink with my friends, but she'd rather stay in when I go out to drink (not hard-core shit-faced drinking). Of course we have other means of enjoying our time together, but I feel bad for always having to leave her when I drink. Anyone have experience with girl (s) like her? Will she ever drink?

Note: I rarely go out to drink (maybe once or twice a month), so I'm not ignoring her or anything. Also I don't think drinking with my gf is super important, but it would be nice if we can occasionally go out for a drink or two maybe...

Most Helpful Girl

• Respect her wishes to not get rip-roaring drunk. If you really want to get her to drink with you though, try making it especially pleasurable for her.

For example,
    -maybe prepare dinner for her with a nice wine or margarita!
    -or, maybe (if you're to that level of your relationship) invite her to have wine in bed with candles and rose petals!
    -or, maybe (without asking if she even wants a drink) Order her a fancy drink the next time you're at a nice restaurant!

... I don't know if these will work on her but they would on me!! :) Good Luck!

What Girls Said 2

• People who don't drink will probably never drink. There are always non-alcoholic drinks at bars, so you could still take her out to those places and she could just order a non-alcoholic drink. Maybe think about some other nice dates you could take her on as well that don't involve drinking.

• Gotcha! We've always had dates that doesn't involve drinking... so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks

• could she go out with you when you drink but just have non alcoholic drinks and bar food?

What Guys Said 3

• It's not something she's into, and you're just gonna have to accept that. Besides, it's good for couples to do their own thing now and then. Once or twice a month isn't going to pose a detriment to your relationship.

• Oh yes I agree. My drinking with my friends has never and hopefully will never be an issue.

• Solution: take her and your friends to some place where they serve both alcohol and non-alcohol drinks. Some nice milkshakes should do the trick.

• how does she get her liquids? just from food?