What's y'alls views on age gaps?

For example, 18 and 45... or 20 and 50...
What should be the age gap limit?
And why is it a good or bad idea to have larger age gaps?

Most Helpful Guy

• The age gaps depends more on personality, health, common lifestyle etc. than actual age.

Naturally if they want children, then the age itself becomes problematic if one of them is too old - women's age is more a concern than men's, but still, men's sperm get worse with age as well.

What Guys Said 9

• Age difference 10% of the age of the youngest : no problem
    Age difference 20% of the age of the youngest : not much of a problem
    Age difference 25% of the age of the youngest : problems possible, depends on maturity, personality
    35%: problems likely
    More: inheritance expected. She'll be a merry widow.

In short: as log as you're in the same phase of life, it's ok. If it gets bigger, problems increase. Todays lack of problem doesn't say anything about later.

• Depends on age, 18-21 21-27 27-35 35-45 45-60. So you look same age, and so your mentally/intelectuals.

• Largely doesn't matter except for younger impressionable people. 14 year old should not be with a 20 year old. Or a 15 year old and a 30 year old. Even paul walker had a 16 year old girlfriend when he was 32. They did stay together 7-8 years tho so that might be a bad example lol

• Really, it is dependent on the individual and laws.

I am 20. I have no problem dating girls as young as 16 and no more than 22 years older. But since I am a virgin myself, I expect my girl to be the same.

• As long as people are over 18 and they are not manipulating each other. It is of nobody's business.

• If they didn't watch the same cartoons you did... It's doomed. 8 years was too much for my ex and i

• there's 2 deal breakers.
    does she look too young by my side?
    does she look too old?

if not possible date.
    if she still is a hotie then damn gonna take a ride

• There's more than looks.

• @JohnnyLeonard There's more than looks.
      There's a HUGE difference in ( professional & & other) activities, responsibilities, freedom, financial means, experience, sheer knowledge (bag of tricks), age related demands, previous relationships, familial & other networking, etc, etc. In the beginning that plays usually in favor of the oldest.
      Later in time differences will usually play against the oldest (health, energy, sex drive)
      Many gold diggers end without a dime and divorced with kids before pushing a wheel chair , waiting to inherit.

• @jacquesvol I tell you something. I know that age gap really well. my mom is 30y younger then my father and if I had to take a woman that much older then me I must have some serious mother issues

• I think that an age gap of that size is not right, but maybe 5 or 6 years max is fine.

• I personally couldn't date anyone 4 years older than me or 2 years younger, but thats just me.

What Girls Said 2

• I think +/- 5 years should be the acceptable range.

When you get up there (40+) I think you could swing for +/- 10 years but... I'm not sure.

I don't think I'd ever be comfortable dating outside the +/- 5 years range.

• +/- 5 years but at which age? 5 years at 13 or 14 can be really immense or obscene, 5 years at 55 is nothing at all.

That's why I gave those percentages higher up.

• "I actually don't think you should date until you're 18."
      Reality proves they did , do and will do it much earlier.

• Yeah, I know. And it doesn't really make any sense. Like, when people date at 14 and 15... where is it they go? Do they have mommy drive them on their dates?

• I knew a 13 year old, who dated her 28 year old teacher.. Thats just gross.
    But It really depends on the age, of especially the youngest. Like, 30 and 50 - don't care. but 14 and 25 - no fucking way.