GIRLS, call vs text?

girls, do you like calling or texting? i hate talking on the phone, so it's always more comfortable for me to text, but i know it's tedious.
a girl i like is going out with me next weekend. we've actually been friends for several years. recently, however, we've only texted.
do i need to call her? and should i ask first to see if she's busy? and do i need a reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• Call Call Call!!! Trust me though, she hate talking on the phone just as much as you do! Our generation has learned to communicate with our thumbs and now we're slowly becoming socially awkward. Just be real with her when you call. Tell her how much you hate talking on the phone because its so... (whatever it is for you- awkward, nerve racking, you don't know what to say, texting is so much easier, you stutter, etc.) She'll most likely laugh and admit the same, that, she too, hate talking on the phone BUT "I'm so glad you called!" Trust me!!!

xoxo

• great answer! thank you!

What Girls Said 7

• I think most prefer texting because you can do many things at once and it won't be time consuming, but a call once in a while is great to let her know that you care and like hearing her voice.

You don't really need a reason, only figure out what to talk about or else it would be a bit awkward. xD

• Um if its really important i rather be called, if its not important the guy can text... And if he just wants to hear my voice because he misses it... Hit me up with a call then 😋🙈

a simple text "Are you to busy for a phone call?" should be ok.. If she says its cool give it a few minutes before you call her, if she says can't just say cool and text like nothing has happened. I doubt she would ask why but if she does just say its about the weekend you guys are going out on. 😊

• thanks. thats good advice

• I think it depends on the girl, I like both but I'd rather be texting. But if you always text her, I would suggest calling her. It's something new and different

• i agree. thanks a lot!

• I think you should call her! Especially if u have a really nice voice. If u text her she might consider its something less important and might ignore.

• makes sense. thank you

• Some girls don't like their voice on the phone so text is better

• We like both. Sometimes talking to a man can be a real turn on, especially if he has a nice speaking voice. Also, it shows us that he's keen to talk to us. However, getting a text can make your heart leap as it's still a nice form of communication.

I am bit confused as to the reason for calling - is this to firm up plans for the weekend?

• thank you. and what i meant is that she really is very busy. between college and work...

• Ok, I would just call her. It doesn't matter if it goes through to voicemail because she can't take the call right there and then. You won't be bothering her by making a call. I think she will like/appreciate it.

• Just call her do something you've never done before

• thank you. i like this. but then i dont lol... new things are scary

• Well if you like her you would do it for her :p

What Guys Said 3

• God yes call her! Sheesh. If texting wasn't invented you'd have no choice BUT to call. Texting makes us lazy and antisocial.

• lol you just described me pretty well. but you're right. thanks

• Yes, call her. I can't think of a worse way to communicate than texting.

• thanks i really agree

• Texting!!!