16 year old crushing hard on a 27 year old?

Before anyone says anything I would like to point out I REALIZE THIS IS CRAZY, I'm 16 still a child really, however much I like to consider myself more mature or older. I'm just trying to rationalize what the hell I'm feeling. I met him at my job I work at a Saturday market for a bakery, he works at another booth in the market. He had came up and bought a pastry, and walked away but when my co-worker had left to get something from her car he came back and told me that I was very pretty and asked my name he then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to go out for coffee, I always try to be fair and I would have said yes in a split second but laws in my state are very strict about this sort of relationship so I told him I was younger than he thought (I'm very tall and often get told I look older than I am) and said sorry, he kinda sheepishly walked away and waved as he biked away. Fast forward maybe two weeks or so he had came up to me after work and gave me a small pumpkin and talked to me for a little, at this point I was basically in love with this guy. Two weeks later I had walked by his booth when he ushered me to come talk to him, we talked for awhile and he mentioned this upcoming weekend would be his last before he went to California for work he asked for my email (I laughed about this for five or so minutes, no one has asked for my email in eons) I ended up giving him my number and email. He texted me and this is when I learned he was 27 and had thought I was 25, he had asked some other people who all thought I was older, we texted for awhile and he mentioned he was glad he talked to me and we should talk again. I feel like I'm going crazy for just thinking this could work, I mean by the time he comes back next summer I will be 17 and the age difference won't sound so harsh. I'll be "virtually" an adult so am I crazy for thinking this or should I just get over him?

he does infact know im 16

54

Most Helpful Guy

• That does sound crazy. However the case of one falling for an older person is more common than you think. I for one example fell for an older girl... much older. I was 17 and she was 24. I've known several guys who are the same and goes for girls too.

Anyway I think you should really let him know you're 16. lying will backfire as more and more you won't let him know it. It's really unfair for him. I think the best way is to be honest about the age gap and if you sort out that the difference, perhaps wait until you're older. If he really likes you he would wait for you.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Jailbait, he should know better.

• that's a little girl crush nothing more than that

• 16 is legal age in most places

What Girls Said 5

• It's ok to have a crush on someone who is way older than you. Been there, done that. I think that you should let him know your exact age though. It sounds like you are kind of leading him on a bit.

• If he only comes back next summer, it is very likely that your feelings will fade until then. It's a long time

• Mesg me and I'll tell you I've been there..

• It's totally normal to really like a guy who is substantially older than you, especially at the age you are at. Older guys just seem more sophisticated and we'll balanced than teens guys. But trust me when I say that a 27 year old, no matter what he says, will never reciprocate those feelings. And if he does, run. There is a reason people his own age are not interested in him. No matter how mature you feel you are, he has more experience with woman and know how to manipulate young girls into doing what he wants. It sounds cliche and cruel, but it's the truth. Even when I was 19 and I started a 27 year old I was absolutely out of my playing field. Take the flattery for what it is and don't continue a relationship with him. Because this guy is only thinking about himself and you will end up very hurt in the end. Just think of it like this. If he cannot take you to a work party or to meet his parents or his friends, don't go there. He is playing with you because he can.

• The age difference is wow but I'm sure you just have a little crush on him. Every girl goes through this so you're not crazy. Im pretty sure it won't work out because of the obvious age difference and the whole long distance thing (depending on whether or not he stays in California very long). I think it's best to try to get over him.