If a man gets too attached to a woman?

If a man who has feelings for a woman starts to become too attached to them will they back down?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a "depends on the guy" questions as most of the questions are on this site. Depends on what you mean by "too attached"? how exactly do you become too attached to someone? Isn't that just a pre-cursor to falling in love?

What Guys Said 3

• In general? No. Your mileage may vary, obviously, as all guys are a little different. But in general getting attached is the entire point of having feelings. What is usually a more common reason for backing down is that a guy feels the girl is developing feelings faster than they are. If a guy is decent enough that they don't want to totally take advantage of the girl, it can be a way to try and slow her down, as a lot of girls have the new relationship energy hit them very hard and very fast, which makes them feel 'emotionally connected' really quickly. So backing off a bit can be a way of trying to say 'slow down there tiger, we've only been dating a couple months, this is not the time to be thinking marriage...'

• Well, not on his own, obviously. Only if the person he's attatched to states it verry clearly he should back down.

• It depends, I'm working on owning a successful business, so i probably would because people tend not to understand the amount of time and work it involves, and more often than not the significant other would think he or she is being ignored. So I probably would.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it's happened to me! He even said "I love you" to me. So I thought I was free to fall for him back. But then he disappears! So confusing.

• The only difference here is that I told him I loved he but he has never told me that. I have just been curious that he has been getting attached in other ways and I'm trying to figure out some possibilities.

• Okay I won't judge you. I will put that fact aside and say that he probably is overwhelmed. It's a lot for guys to handle to deal with our emotions. I don't think they know how to deal with emotions as well as woman. Guys can chime in here as I can't possible understand what goes through a male mind when he's overcome with emotion. But it seems to be the case in both of our cases.

• OK thank you