Opinion on what is the right age to date?

i am turning 17 soon and im not allowed to date. i was recently asked out to the movies by a guy i like who is eighteena dn i was wondering what you guys think is the right age to date and how to persuade my parents to let me date.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's healthy for kids to date at a young age (maybe 12)

It lets them kinda get into the swing of things and really when you're young you aren't even dating you're just hanging out as friends.

I think your parents should let you date I mean you're already old enough to get married in certain states so why not?

I personally went against my parents wants and started dating at 14. We weren't even doing anything! Just quick kiss behind a tree after school and we held hands, but besides that we were just friends. Welp I ended up getting the worst whopping of my life when they found out, but they got used to it. We ended up dating for almost 4 years he was my first love ^_^ but we broke up a couple of days before I graduated high school. I think it was a valuable experience for me

What Guys Said 2

• Hey! sweet lady hold your horses dont be too first, your still young and i surpport your parents fully wait until you get 18 years old and above then you can enjoy your date with no doubts and choose the guy of your life so that you won't be a shamed of your self, do something creative like sports, painting, drawing or cooking to keep your mind busy and you will find the right guy when you get 18 years and above true love is hard to find the only secret is to be patient. goodluck and be blessed.

• The right age is up to you and whenever you feel ready.

What Girls Said 4

• The right age is whatever age your parents set. You may be emotionally and mentally ready before then, but trust me, it's whatever your parents say. As one who chose to ignore parental wishes... it's best to abide by them.

That being said, I see no harm in a movie. :P

• i think kids who "date" (if you can even call it that) at like 14 or something is kinda cute... but not very serious. at 17 you should absolutely be able to date. however, when i was 17 (jr in high school) i was talking to this guy who was 18 but a freshmen in college and my parents said no way when i asked to hang out with him. i still did it anyway. i lied about where i was going to meet up with him a few times. if you have a car you can always just go but not tell them haha (probably not the greatest advice)

• lol the guy who asked me is 18 and im a little worried that that will be the line my parents ill refuse to cross im actually working on a speech on how they should be able to trust my judgement also he;s christian he never swears and his parents apparrently love me.

• Yeah I think if you approach them in a very mature way they will see that you are probably ready for this step. Good luck!

• I'd say about 12 is okay to date, maybe even before that. They're kids aren't really thinking about sex so who cares. Also parents ant really do things when it comes to dating. They can tell you your grounded but if you leave then what? Exactly nothing. Just keep your phone on you so they don't take it and your good

• 16-17. That's when I was allowed to start dating.