How long should the two remain friends before taking it to the next level?

Any tips on being friends with a guy first? How long should the two remain friends before taking it to the next level?

Most Helpful Guy

• The sooner the better for me. I don't like wasting time. For you, whatever you feel is right. No set time.

What Guys Said 2

• Hey! lady thats a good decision making they say you have to be friends first before you become lovers take your time, date with him more and when the time comes you won't be disappointed.

• There's no set time limit on how long you should "remain friends". I wonder why you're going in as "just friends" if you know you like them from the start

What Girls Said 2

• I think it really depends on how well you want to get to know him.
    If you want something to really last, I would say invest time into him as a friend. Don't fall for him or at least try not to. You should remain friends for as long as possible. Best friends make the best lovers. Also, don't throw the labels out until you can see him interact in different scenarios.
    The next level all depends on what you are willing to sacrifice. If you think that 2 weeks is all it will take and then things move suddenly towards a relationship, then by all means do it. I suggest this rule of thumb... The longer you are friends, the longer the relationship will last...

• Its awesome, you really get to know a guy when you become friends first... it isn't at all putting them in the friend zone, its about seeing whether they live up to your standards once you know all about them... that sounds harsh but this is why guys think the friend zone is real lol I say that it is probably best to start as friends, you become much closer and if you guys take it to the next level you guys will have a stronger bond