How can I convince my parent I'm ready for a boyfriend?

I am currently not allowed to date until I'm 14 but so far there's been 9 guys who have wanted to date me and I turned them down Eventhough I didn't love them but there's a guy and we like each other a lot but my parents won't let us be together. We talk everyday and he said he's willing to wait on me. I've turned down many boys and they're still waiting.

I meant I can't date until I'm 18 and I'm currently 14

Most Helpful Guy

• you aren't even 14? and you are thinking of dating? lol...
    Oh and by the way, you can't convince them, if i were them, i KNOW you can't convince me.
    Honestly, I hope they don't allow it. Im sorry.. but there are reasons why i have that opinion. maybe at 16... but come on..

• I'm almost 15 dude and they won't let me at 16 I have to be 18 and I already gave the boy my number and he touches me but not sexually. Of course but I like him.

• I will later but it's my big mouth that jacked it up

• that usually tends to do the trick lol

What Guys Said 6

• Well I wasn't mature enough to date until I was 21. I wasn't even interested until I was 17, mostly because I wasn't interested in anyone. But in retrospect, it is for the better, because I was a total dumbass, haha. Even if you think you are mature, while you are obsessing about it you probably aren't.

• I'm not obsessing it's not like I'm crying over it I just don't want to lose him

• As long as you abstain from sex, it should be okay. It is practically practice, after all. Unless you actually are mature enough for proper social relations of this kind, but based on my past experience with myself, I have legitimate doubts about that, and don't take that personally, I just mean that based on age. Man, I used to believe I was so smart when I was in 8th grade. Hahaha. People are silly until they are 19 or more. Some don't even grow out of it.

• you are 14 I see in how naive your assertions are but a heartbreak wouldn't be bad at your age.
    it would help you grow a lot more mature till you get 18 (or not. you could also end a completely bitter feminist that says that the guys are all evil)

I think you are not rdy to date some guy in how you write down your words but.. I also started dating with 13, stopped for 3 years cause it had gib impact in my life and now I think I am rdy and about to be 18 soon.

your parents are just trying to save you from turning the wrong way and helping you. they want you to grow a brain that works on it's own and is persimistic before you be all naive like now and rush things.

P. S. every guy can tell you that he loves you. is he going to get you just by saying these words?

• I'm not rushing I don't think I'm ready cause I was never interested in boys that's why I turned the others down if I was rushing I would've said yeah ill date u and would have never let my mom read or text messages and erase everything from him that's rushing.

• if you want. here's a good question you can ask the people on here. would you date a boy that was in jail once? . I think they would all like to know why he went to.. I also would like to know if I were you but well. you choice

• I would suggest that you not get too hung up one guy... although I know it might feel like you can't control it.

Have you tried compromising, like suggesting that you go one group dates (or just call them outings) with a few girls and guys out to the movies?

• Haha I'm not even allowed to walk down the street there's no way they'll let me

• Lol... I read "unless they come" a different way at first.

You mean they have to pick you up at your house before you go out? Or -- and I hope this isn't true -- do you mean you parents tag along?

• Parents tag along :(

• Say boys keep asking me out, I feel like I'm being a jerk when I say I can't or you won't let me.

You can meet them before we go..

• Just talk to them and reason with them. If you can make a decent argument you shouldn't have any issue.

• Kids are so busy growing up theses days...

What Girls Said 4

• What makes you think you are ready? Liking someone is not a valid reason, nor is the mutual attraction

• I say wait until college to get a bf but I only say that because I didn't date in high school and my friends that did always were sad and I could tell that their break ups affected them in class and outside of class. A lot of girls who were in relationships and some still are ended up getting pregnant in high school and had to leave school. I just think boys in high school are not worth the possible stress. High school and middle school is already stressful enough alone

• Well, what are some reasons why you think you're ready for a boyfriend?

• Cause I like him a lot and the other guys I don't like but this guy is different he told me he loved me but I never said it back cause I'm kinda scared to be in one but I think I'm ready

• Yeah I know and I don't think I want one :( I don't know I got some other issues right now so maybe that's y

• Yeah. It's normal to like guys of course but just because you like one doesn't mean you should go jumping into a relationship with him. I'm sure plenty of your friends/classmates are already jumping on the relationship bandwagon but that doesn't mean anything is wrong with you for not doing so. Better to wait until you're mature enough and totally ready for a relationship first, otherwise you'll just be wasting time.

• My advice is that you never tell things you really want to do. Keep it to yourself, seriously. I'm 21 and my parents still don't ''allow'' me to have a boyfriend (but I have one since a few years ago), I don't let anyone to tell me what to do. Just try not to get pregnant or get some sexual disease.