Does anyone else find that adult relationships lack physical excitement and physical passion?

Does anyone else find that adult relationships lack physical excitement and physical passion

• Yes
  • No
Refreshing the question
Refreshing the question again

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I've had a friend of mine who cheated repeatedly because her husband din't want to do it anymore. The poor guy even forgave her. Now of course guys are lining up to try and seduce her as they know her husband isn't much of an obstacle on the way to he pussy. I actualy love her as a friend but she has strange morals when it comes to relationships and sex. Maybe It's more a problem because they've been together for long then just maturity. But to be honest I have trouble staying with a guy because of this. As much of a mistake cheating is, the longer I'm with a guy, the more I understand her.

• I am talking about a relationship between two adults that have just entered a relationship. Not adults who have been together for a long time

What Girls Said 11

• I don't think so. It depends on the people involved and the sexual/physical attraction/chemistry between the two. If that isn't there, well yeah it will not be any passion or excitement. Sometimes you date someone, like them but they just don't do it for you, gotta be some kind of chemistry there.

• If you mean being older, and together for a while I never have seen why it should. An ex that I was discussing marriage with asked me that once. I told him I always thought that was what costumes, wigs, and role play were for. Apparently that answer was a little much for him. But I think if both people put in the effort there is no reason there should be a lack of intimacy.

• I am talking about a relationship between two adults that have just entered a relationship.

• Is there a lack of burning passion in adult relationships even when they have just entered a relationship

• No... because the guys get hotter, smarter, and confident =) All the sleeper guys in high school become the catches...

• You guys need more coconut butter and a new safe-word.

• No way. The physical is pretty much the only thing we have going for us atm :/

• I agree with you. Id like to add also mental stimulation is also a big factor, if you speak to some younger person at times there's much lacking in life experience. What would motivate one to continue the conversation and keep interest lol both the physical and mental levels matter equally IMO.

• Not necessarily, eventhough its uncomfortable, my parents are quite in love and always lovey dovey. Its cool but it can get a bit annoying...

• Your parents have been together for a long time and love each other very much. "Kids" your age often are much more "lovey dovey" than your parents likely are and I bet that does not bother you. So why should a loving couple displaying that affection annoy you and people your age doing more of it probably don't?

• Good question. No idea. Maybe because they are my parents, but I do get your point

• No, my adult relationship is pretty hot lol

• It depends on how long you have been with someone and what each person likes

• What do you mean by an adult relationship? What kind of relationship are you comparing it to?

• Teenage relationships

• Ha! No, they lack the same drama due to the fact you can live more than ten minutes without a text, you don't have childish insecurities and don't have to. constantly reassure each other of your love. No, don't agree whatsoever. Boring people have boring, unpassionate relationships.

• that's exactly why sex is forbidden in all religions, cause human body will get tired of it eventually when you start it at an early age...

• I don't think that's a cause of concern for religions. :)

• sorry i accidently pressed enter :p
      Since it's forbidden in my religion, I have always wondered why, i even googled it and i never undrestood why till one day my friend explained it to me, she said " if sex wasn't organized by marriage then people would be doing it everywhere and all the time like what happens in some countries (with all my do respect for all countries) and the desire will increase , two then three in one bed , sometimes even 4 then change it to trying a girl instead of a boy, smthg new smthg different, more excitement , more pleasure... human body will end up shutting down especially if you do it at an early age and am not saying people can't get married at 12 or 13 but it's so retarted and unlikely , i mean 12 or 13 is still a kid , proof is that i read stuff the whole time online about women men in the west complaining about how they are sexually inactive, why we don't have such a problem here? MY FREIND'S PARENTS ARE LIKE 70 AND THEY STILL DOING IT (weird but that

• that's what she told me)
      that makes total sence to me, i runno... and by the way i'm not judging anybody , i have a different prespective that's all... i just didn't wanna not do something unless am convinced like WHY NOT... i wish i have explained it better but my English is not that perfect..

• It depends on if the people stay reasonably in shape. I see kids who are 18 years old and relationship revolves around dominos and Netflix...

• So true! I find outta shape people want sex, but are so lazy/bad at it because they don't "have the energy." I'll have sex with someone who could use some exercise and it's missionary. But having sex with someone in decent shape will involve more positions, more thrusting, legs in the air, doggy style, etc.

What Guys Said 17

• What do you class as 'adult'. Any relationship lacking a certain adult element could be considered pretty weak in a "physical excitement" sense.

Generally 'adult' just means emotionally mature, so a little more forgiving if your partner isn't all hot passion and burning desire. doesn't mean you can't have a great deal of fun though, you just need to fit it in around work and grown up things.

• Bud... how can a kid like you "find" anything regarding your question without being old? But to answer your question, me and my 30 yr old guy friends (them more than me) pull young girls away from their young boyfriends because they are too tame.

• What do you mean by the last line "me and my 30 yr old guy friends (them more than me) pull young girls away from their young boyfriends because they are too tame"

• Thats called being a douchebag, what happens when one of these guys is a thug or a nutjob and comes after you, then what?

• In South Africa, everyone is potentially dangerous (us included). That's a trivial problem. And yes, we have been in plenty of fights. But despite that, the rule still applies, 30yr old guys are not less passionate about anything.

• Yes honestly. It seems more about "You're set up with a nice career path and can maybe father my future children, so I'll sleep with you and continue to see you", compared to how it used to be when it was more "I like you, you like me, let's see if this works out". I miss the ladder honestly.

• women hit their sexual peak in their 40s. But many are frustrated at that age, so they become desperate housewives.

• Physical excitement and physical passion were not the problem. Emotional intelligence and maturity were problems

• Not with me. I always do exciting stuff so sorry... Just no. Many people simply don't put efforts in their relationships.

• No. Why does yours?

• Only if you let society beat you down and make you do that.

Smoke some weed and take a drive with the music blastin'. Live for a little.

Then go back to being an "adult."

• You're tripping man, as girls age usually they get more confident and they show YOU a good time.

• People used to have a lot more sex back in the day in every culture, basically whenever a guy wanted to. Now that doesn't happen, especially in America. So yes people have sex a lot less but excitement and passion disappear the more you have sex.

• depends on the girl and what she wants and her attitude. i think the passion goes away when they stop wanting to have fun and start wanting to "play house" moving in together nine to fiving to pay for all the shit she wants to buy having babies. its like when they reach a certain age but not all the time some girls start running this shit at freaken 18 years old.

• Funny because he wanted to move in with me and act like a married couple. How dare you place that shit on females, because males do that too. I was fine being alone..

• @moonpie ohhhhhh pooooooooor you!!! the humanity!!!

• As teen we are more willing and exited to explore but when we grow up , curiosity ends , usually.

• I'm in a power couple... It's like Hollywood minus the fame and paparzi. We are too cool to not be attracted to each other.

• No. My grandparents still have some of that going.

• familiarity breeds discontent..

• If it doesn't have these things then you're with the wrong person.

• Ya, because the girls aren't young, hot and fresh anymore.

• An older girl would have her way with you and you wouldn't know what hit you lol.

• U have no idea how hot an older woman can be. You are a sad little boy

• @misscocobutter
      Actually I have a vague idea, but in my extensive experience with p*rn, older chicks are like a 0.1% of the time fetish.