Is it true that gals will drain your pocket or are there exceptions?

Is having a galfriend while not being employed expensive?

Is it true that gals will drain your pocket or there are exceptions.

Most Helpful Girl

• True and false.

Regardless of the situation, having a girlfriend will take a toll on your pocket book. Much like hanging out with friends does.

If you get a VERY traditional girlfriend, then yes. You will spend money on gas, date nights, presents, etc.
    If you get an independent girlfriend you will still have to pay for gas sometimes when you drive, and presents (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.), and your half of the bill.

Now, let's assume you get REALLY lucky and date a girl who drives on all your dates, and pays for the entire bill every time. You still have to spend money on gas driving to her house to hang out, and on presents for her birthday, Christmas, and anniversary.

So... the degree to which having a girlfriend affects your wallet varies, but it's going to affect you financially.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on what kind of girl she is.

• Not worth it.

What Guys Said 4

• being in a relationship is almost always more expensive than being single simply because you are going on dates, dinners, etc

• Yes, if you don't have a job, you shouldn't even be worried about a girlfriend, you should be preoccupied with figuring out how to make money.

My Priorities

1) Health, Family and Safety
    2) School and Work ($$$$)
    3) Competition/Extracurricular Pursuits (Boxing, Chess, Volunteering, Martial Arts)
    4) Relationships

If I am married, then 3 & 4 will get switched and I will devote a greater importance on my spouse.

That being said, I like to buy girls small gifts at random moments, so I make it imperative that when I am in a relationship, I have both a reliable and sustainable source of income.

• If you are unemployed, why are you spending your time thinking about girls rather than working on your job skills?

• Not if she cares about equality and treating you equally, which is rare by the way