Are titles important for you?

I mean, if you are with someone, do you have to have an official title or status with that person? Or do you just know what it is.

Like, for some it has to be Facebook official for it to be official. Others may not have that same rule.

Or if someone says you're mine and I am yours. No specific or anything.

Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely missread that as "titties" not "titles", which REALLY changes my answer lol

No, "titles" are not important to me at all. As long as she and I know what we are, that is good enough

What Guys Said 6

• I need to know what the other person considers us. Titles do things like help us know if we are exclusive, and make it clear what is expected out of the other one. So I think titles are very important from a practical standpoint. After all there is a huge difference between a friends with benefits and a boyfriend/girlfriend.

• Titles are not nearly as important to me as the circumstances they represent. Like, if I'm dating a girl and I find out she went on a date with another guy, I know what we are. I don't need a title for that. But if she wants to be exclusive, then our circumstances have changed. That is important to know, but if that means there's a title shift that goes along with it, I just would want to know if that title were important to her.

• I want a title on the relationship... because I want to make 100% certain we are on the same page with "just friends" or "bf / gf ".

Misunderstandings are how feelings get hurt.

Also if she doesn't want a title, then I know she's not into me enough and I know to move on.

• "Hello, the hype is so mellow
    Bitch I'm dope but my pipe is so yellow
    The blue polka dots, pink stripes and it's pink on the title
    Nigga fuck your role model bitch, I'm my own idol and
    If you can't face it my nigga, you can ass it..."

- Tyler, The Creator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1KkEfKYgOQ

• Oh, but did you mean bf/gf? Then yeah, I like those titles for relationships.

But facetious titles or extemporaneous titles... nah

• Call me dumb but is didn't understand you Q !!

• Well Titles give a indication of status and think its not a bad thing to respect them at all

What Girls Said 2

• In the initial stages of a relationship, we are really insecure, so we tend to hold on to such titles. But once you are sure of your future together, it stops being a big deal.

• Many people like to know where they stand, or want a serious relationship. So yeah they care about titles.