How to get someone's attention?

I know this may seem lame, but I feel like a wallflower, I rarely start conversations in school because I am shy but now that all my friends are out and starting to date, I want to find someone for myself also.

Most Helpful Guy

• you probably get people's attention on a daily basis. are you kinda more referring to how to get people to confront you? and holy shit, you wanna move to Korea? :D daaaamn.

• I try to be more open and always wear a smile. And yes I have big big plans for my future. I started college in my sophomore year at highschool.

• wow sophomore year in high school you did college. I only know like 2 people who did that, that is cray! and so good for you! that's awesome d00d. you're gonna love Korea, im assuming South Korea lol. I've been 5 times :D

• What? No way I am so jealous~ I want to enter college at, at least a sophomore so if I can get so many credits I can graduate.

What Guys Said 5

• simple. run behind him and push him. YOU'LL get his attention for sure

• If I did that they would definitely be like... what the actual hell are you doing to me, haha

• Awww ur quite the cutie hunny but i predict that guys will never approach u or only a few due to ur beauty. Most guys automatically assume that such a cutie has alrdy been taken or that ur outta our league so we won't have a chance at all meaning we won't risk rejection and the humiliation that comes with it. U gotta hint the guy ur interested in or else confessed to him which more cuties need to do it as well i syead of guys. Most guys are confused about hints so.. make it obvious ;3

• I just felt that I wasn't the type they desired because of not ever being asked out xD. I guess all in all I have to get better at showing my attraction eh? It is so hard~ I wish I was as blunt and open with the kids of my school as I was with my friiends. I guess rejection is just as scary for girls too.

• I've alrdy stated the reason why guys will nvr approach u so make ur hints obvious to the guy u like. Sum guys dont get it so u will have to take the lead if it comes down to that. Ofcourse rejection is alll our numbah one fear but if no one act on it, y'all ain't getting nowhere. Go home with diamond & pearls or go home empty handed ;3

• try waving!

• I feel way too shy for that~ I hate myself for not having the confidence I should. I dont find myself horribly gross... maybe just a bit slim

• Yeah but there are girls out here that are different. People with too much muscle or bulk actually isn't my type. I like a slender make that is taller than me (not hard im 5'2 /157cm) so even back then you shouldn't have worried

• I just had no self esteem as it was. I wasn't rich (or even really all that well off), so I wore hand-me-down clothes, I had braces, glasses, etc.

The ONLY thing that I had going for me was that I had/have great looking icy blue/grey eyes. Women have always called them captivating, and even back then I got compliments on them.

As for now, I still have glasses, but I put on a little weight (so I have an athletic build, not anorexic looking like then), cut my hair down to stubble, fixed my self esteem issue, got some confidence, realized I only need a few good friends in my life, etc.

• I'm going to be the honest one here and tell you that showing a little cleavage or yoga pants can go a long way with attracting attention. Too much and you look like a slut and thats no good. Every guy looks at cleavage at least for half a second.

• Honesty is always appreciated ~ and I wouldn't call myself completely prude. I like thigh high socks and skirts (with saftey shorts of course). I also have my fair share of vneck shirts, cute heels and thigh high boots (definitely not slutty theyre adorable). But I can be bland every now and then with just jeans and a sweater. I just feel too introverted to approach others and flirt like others can.

• I completely disagree. If you want real and positive attention, don't dress like a cheap cunt, make eye-contact with those you're interested and say hi. Build up on that and get to know each other. It's that simple.

• Actually I've got the same thing , & still cuz I'm afraid to be rejected so I think it's normal but you have to wait for someone who really likes you & starts the conversation or poke u

• I try to be open to talk to everyone. Everyone is worth knowing it is sad how we ignore each other

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe just work at getting better at small talk. If you're having a conversation with someone, keep the conversation going by asking basic questions about them. Talk about things that relate to their responses. For example, if a person says that love amusement parks, maybe tell them about a great or crazy ride you've been on.

I remember this one guy in school would just walk up to people and strike up a conversation with them between classes. He always had plenty of different people to choose to sit with at lunch by doing that. That was admirably bold even to me, but I mention that to say that sometimes you can't always rely on the other person to start the conversation. A more subtle way of getting to know others could be simply asking to sit with someone at lunch or saying hi to a person you're sitting next to in class. It's not always easy, but try to expect the best from others instead of assuming you're going to get a negative reaction.