Is it weird to date someone 4 years older than you?

My best friend is dating a guy who is 4 years older then her and I am wondering if this is in the norm or if I should be worried for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is perfectly normal for someone to date people older than them. And 4 years is nothing compared to some adults who date people 10 years older than them. but for a teenager 4 years between the ages is perfectly fine

What Guys Said 6

• If she's old enough to be dating, then she's old enough to date a guy 4 years older than her. That is perfectly normal. And once she hits 18 or so she's old enough to date any guy she wants regardless of age. What's not normal is you or anyone else making that decision for her.

• Only if you're 12

• You're not going to get a reasonable answer unless you give the specific ages.

• well my friend is a freshman and she is dating a senior, so it like a four year age difference.

• In that case, it's weird, but not necessarily something to worry about. Be more concerned about his personality. Regardless, there's not much you can do about it.

• As long as you're 18 and over I think it's ok.

• All about the numbers to me

14 with an 18 year old... yeah creepy

25 and a 29 year old no worries lol

What Girls Said 0