How come I've never had a boyfriend?

As the title says, I've never had a boyfriend, not even one guy has ever shown any interest in me. And I just wonder why?
For example I love all kinds of sports, gaming and working out. I always hear that I'm very mature for my age and that I'm funny.
Though my confidence is kinda bad and I have high standards I really try to be outgoing. It just doesn't seem to work out for me.. It affects me on many levels, not that I haven't had a boyfriend but that nobody shows any interest..

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to get a boyfriend, you're going to have to meet some boys. If you've got some guy friends, they may be able to set you up with someone. If not then try and meet some new people and widen your circle of friends a bit. If you're interested in a guy, try and start up a conversation with him. You don't need to march right up and ask him out, but just get to know him. The more practice you get talking to people, the more confidence you'll have if you the want to ask a guy out. Don't try to change yourself into what you think boys will like. At some point, they're going to see the real you.

What Guys Said 14

• If you're mature for your age and your standards are high, it's very unlikely that anyone your age is going to go for you. Try visiting a college gym or a place where older men hang out. You might find one as mature as yourself there. My guess is that though you are really attractive and a lot of guys are very interested, something is making the guys you know think that you aren't available.

If that picture in your profile is you, then you are gorgeous. Those lips, those eyes... you have a lot to work with there.

At any rate you'd be better off not letting how other people act change how you see yourself. You aren't any less of a woman because guys aren't hitting on you. You aren't a worse person without a boyfriend. Let those attracted to you be attracted to the best you possible and don't worry about the rest.

• Thank you so much for the answer! I really appreciate it! I do hang out with some guys that are at least 20 years old, but I always assume that they're attracted to my friends in first hand, I have to work with that.
      I love that last part you wrote!!

• So many people do not believe in God but I will say it any way. All of your dreams and desires are yours for the asking all you have to do is believe, have faith, ask and release. You are holding on to the feeling of lack and through the law of attraction, lack continues to come to you. You worry about not having a boyfriend and not having one continue to appear, not late but on time.

You are a pretty girl, when was the last time you thanked God for that? If never our life will be one of struggle. If you take a day and just become concious and think and feel how blessed you are to have fingers, toes, pretty face, your health. I bet you can find 1999 things to be thankful for but never said thank you.

If you don't have then the only person to blame is you, change your thinking.

• Yeah I don't believe in god (respect you for doing that) but I am a believer of the law of attraction and I really try to focus on that, and it does help! But I just found out about it so it's still new to me, but I'll get there.
      I'll start think like that, thanks so much for the answer!

• 1. Because you're 17, give it at least a little time
    2. Because your confidence is bad
    3. Because you have high standards

Confidence is attractive, both in guys and in girls. Also, if you have a reputation for approaching really attractive guys, chances are that less attractive guys who are aware of your standards aren't going to stick their necks out to get rejected.

• You say in your profile that you ride a longboard and listen to RHCP (great screen name by the way), do you ever go to skate parks or anything like that?

You might not meet the best guys, but y'all will share and interest and could actually be really nice. You'll never know until you try.

Always reminds me of this Lupe Fiasco song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyB6WH2KlM

• maybe you're just too pretty, a dime. you love working out lol.

• Hahaha, may be, may be. No but I don't know actually, I can't see myself as pretty even. Yeah, best thing ever!!

• well we tend to be our own harshest critics, so I bet you think you're not pretty but all the girls around you are jelly and all the guys around you are intimidated lol. d00d working out is amazing!

• Well I hope you're right about that haha, but I couldn't imagine that at all haha.

• Adolescence is a time of chaos. If this sort of thing doesn't come easily just yet, don't worry about it too much. As everyone learns to control themselves, you'll find guys becoming easier to talk to and more interested in dating.

• Yeah chaos is the right word to use! I hope you're right, it isn't in any way fun to be the only girl in the group of people I hang out with, to not be speaking to or approached by any guy. I guess that I'm shy, but I feel so alone and I want someone to be close to me..

• don't worry your time i gonna come

• Start asking out guys, don't wait for them. Your a pretty, interesting and intelligent girl. Nothing wrong with you. Just lower your standards a notch and put yourself out there. Good luck!

• I never had a girlfriend until I was 28yrs then I married her at 30yrs. Don't worry about guys your age are still immature.

• Oh, yeah I'd rather have one serious relationship like you than ten unserious

• I don't know but that's kinda hard to believe,

• it's just a phase. if you're really the person you described, you'll find a guy soon.

• I am 20 and never had a gf. Get over it

• I'm sorry to hear that! I'm trying to, that's why I'm asking, so I can at least know some reasons to why I'm not approached. I'm not here to cry my eyes out because I am lonely. I just wonder if there's something wrong with me

• You do look pretty. Idk, maybe you are intimidating.

• I know a girl who has high standards... Rosa Mendes on Total Divas, she remains single. I don't know if it's because of her high standards or if it's because of her aggressive nature (she knows what she wants) but, she remains single. She's bisexual, or well, at least bi curious. She's been hurt pretty badly by men and when she tries to get in to a relationship with a man, she feels like she's going to relapse (she was an alcoholic and went to AA). So, sometimes she settles for women because it protects her from relapsing.

• Are you suggesting that I try on girls or what? Haha no, I understand you. I shall lover my standards!

• I answer out of politeness. Now, if you don't care about an answer I don't understand the logic behind the fact that you're here writing.

• You already chose best answer, yet you're still replying to me

• Have you ever asked a guy out? If not that's probably why

• Yeah I have, several times; all rejected me

• Well that's unfortunate. I guess just keep trying.

What Girls Said 6

• Have you taken the initiative and asked a guy out? If no, sorry princess, but there's your answer. Go ask a guy out if you really want a boyfriend. Guys can't be the only ones showing interest.

• Yes I have, and all of the times I've been rejected so I'm kinda tired of putting all the effort to it. So I dint expect the guys to be the only ones showing interest, but it would be nice if they'd approach me sometime

• I don't know then. All I can say is chin up. Besides, you're under 18. Enjoy your youth. Boys are nothing but trouble at your age. Focus on you studies

• Maybe because you're under 18 and don't need one? A boyfriend isn't going to help you graduate. Why you don't feel people in general don't show interest in you? I suggest you put on your best charisma and get out there and start talking to people.

• No a boyfriend isn't going to help me graduate, but he could help me build some confidence and maybe learn to love myself (which I'm working on). That I'm under 18 doesn't matter, guys could still show interest right?
      I talk a lot to people of all genders, but I'll continue. Thanks for feedback

• You get confidence by going out and not being afraid to be you. They could but it isn't always for the right reasons. And if you're as mature as you say you are with standards. Just know that you're too kick ass for their pace right now.

• You're probably like 12, so chillax.

• I feel the same way girl. Somehow it seems everyone else can get guys. Guys just stare but dont talk to me. Idgi but, over thinking it can just make it harder. True friends will not judge you or anything they will just be understanding that its not your time yet.

• Yeah maybe we're overthinking it, but it would be nice to have some affection.. I love my friends, they really help!

• Yeah same, but your ahead of me... you ask guys out!

• U r not even 18 start worrying about that when u r 25

• Does it really matter if I'm 18 now or in a couple of months, no. Stop judging by age, it doesn't have anything to do with this. Yeah I'll be worrying then too

• I feel your pain hun