Can a serial cheater ever change?

Do you think a person who has cheated in past relationships can ever really change? What would it take? Why do they do it? Whats the best way to catch out a cheater that can cover their tracks? Undeniable red flags?

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Catching:
    I'd look at dating sites start with the big ones OKCupid, POF, match, tinder, etc. and break it down by traits and location should be pretty easy to find if your trying to catch someone.

the why:
    Probably not, some people are destructive and can't handle a normal relationship maybe due to childhood trauma which has nothing to do with you.

And If its multiple times to the same girl/boy than there is something wrong with the relationship that needs to be address someones needs aren't being met in someway and they're seeking them elsewhere.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Do you really want to waste your time trying to find out if a cheater will change? If you know he is a serial cheater then that is enough.

Have you ever seen a dog chase it's tail? Now which is dumber, you watching a dog chase his tail or you watching. Now if you want to spend your time chasing a thought that is stupid try and change or figure out serial cheater. A cheater cheats because he is weak minded. If you follow him then poverty will roll up on you like a long lost friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the person who cheats genuinely wants to change or the factors that caused them to cheat change then yes they can change unless they are suffering from some sort of mental condition.

Cheating can be because of many reasons. Feeling emotionally abandoned or abused, feeling lonely and neglected and not just sexually, doubts about future, anger, depressed, mental health problems, relationship problems or the often assumed sexual needs being high or selfish.

Body language is a good way to tell if someone is hiding something but if they are experienced and smart they will find ways to hide most evidence asides little tells they don't realise they have. Mood swings and behaviour changes can be signs but they are not always signs of cheating. There is no guaranteed way to catch people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh i'd never cheat on my cereal, Special K for life!

Jokes aside, people don't change their ways until they decide to do so themselves, and some of us need help to change certain things about us

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo don't believe on him or any one even she is girl

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• no. people in general... hardly ever change without enduring some kind of personal trauma.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree with this. He would probs have to experience some fucked up shit, that either broke him or made him see things differently.

That's rare, it happens, but not a lot.

• yup. fucked up shit is exactly it :p @Mgoods

• Maybe they have to be in court for child support.. a cheater is an excellent liar and promises the whole world to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure they can, but "do they want to" is the real question. Either way they have to figure that out for themselves because holding off and waiting around for a cheater isn't worth anything at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they genuinely want to change, then yes. People are capable of change.

But, you shouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. If you don't trust that person, move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I seriously doubt it and I wouldn't be willing to take a chance.

0|0
    0|0