Dating older men? Should you or should you not? What do you think?

My friend is 18 and she likes older guys. She have been talking to this 37 year old guy and they both really like each other. He wants to become a couple but she don't know yet, because he is older that her mom. She asked me should she date him. What should I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why shouldn't she date him? Dating people of all sorts of backgrounds is a good way to find out what traits you do and don't like in a partner. Even dating people that are bad for you, can help you appreciate a good partner when you finally find one. If the first person you dated was your soul mate, you might never appreciate them for who they are, and might even foolishly break it off to date the exciting bad boy that later breaks your heart. Only to find your soul mate has moved on to someone else.

What Guys Said 9

• With extreme caution really. There are some cases where it really works out. But overall, I feel like girls who are into older guys kinda find themselves in a situation similar to "father daughter" types of scenarios. I really feel that they can work, but there's a lot of risk involved... and it'll be extremely likely to have rushed sex.

• She should avoid dating controlling douchebags of any age, and enjoy positive dating experiences with people she cares for, who care for her, and with whom a relationship makes her life better.

• Yeah i would say, if thats what she wants, than thats what she wants. I have seen it work out before and then i have seen it go really badly, mostly for the guy. Because the girl was nuts for him and then just plain nuts in general and he was trying to get rid of her. most women who want this kind of relationship are the i want a daddy type.

• Its okay if she lovers the guy why not to move in and be a couple adding on another point i think she is to fast she better hold her horses first by joining a college the world is changing being a mother at her age thats to early, she better join the college first and am sure thats what her mom and dad would love to see from there daughter, my advice is i agree with the mom because she wants the best from her, she has a good advantage she is young to achive the best.

• She should go for it.

Also, older than her mom? Maybe she's learned the lessons her mom didn't...

• Do as she likes, no law against it.

Hopefully he will pleasure her well, but no telling until the get go

• Actually, this is not a bad idea, older men have more money, are nicer, more experienced and are mature and manly, they normally know how to treat a lady and can relate to them

• no not at all older than a parent is fucked up and plus what little shit would go for a girl 20 sum years younger probably just wants sex and trust me when i say this it will not end well

• yes why can't she date him she is legal age, unless she lives at home than it's more of problem.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm turning 18 next month and I would like to get to know older guys and date them as well. The highest I would go though would be between 17-20. There's nothing wrong with dating or getting to know older men. If she wants to do it, let her do it.

• I'm 19 and have dated guys as high as 40. There's nothing wrong with its just a preference. If he can make her happy they should go for it and say fuck society... life's too short to not be happy

• My max once I turn 18 would be 25 anything more... then I'll think its a bit too much of a gap but, if the guy is a good guy and you are mature as is he I don't see the problem.

• I think it's dangerous and it's something I wouldn't do if I was 18. I think it's a bad idea.