Would you cheat? Under the circumstances below?

I figure most would say no but suppose the girl or guy was really really hot! And you saw them and had some contact with them every day , either at work or they lived near you. And they were always flirting and hitting on you. Your in , what you feel is a very close loving relationship. Would you break up first or sample being with the new person first to make sure it would work out before breaking up? Do you know anyone in a relationship who is constantly "testing the waters"?

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems that you still like your current girlfriend, but you guys have lost the spark and a lot of the love. If you dislike your current relationship, try to change it or get out of it (even if there is no hot girl hitting on you). Think about it, if you really were still deeply in love with your girlfriend, would you even consider sleeping with another? It is normal to lose the love in a relationship and to get interested in other people in a romantic or sexual way. It happens a lot and that doesn't make you a bad person. What does make you a bad person is cheating on your girlfriend. If you really want to get romantically of sexually involved to a new girl, have the decency to break up with your old one first. Do it out of respect for your current girlfriend (I'm guessing you still respect her as a person) and out of respect for yourself (do you really want to be the cheating asshole?). You also don't want to get yourself the reputation of a cheater (gossip gets around fast). Some future potential girlfriends won't even let you date them because of your actions. So try to change your current relationship for the better or break up. After you've broken up, you're free to do what you want with this new girl without being an asshole.

What Girls Said 12

• If I was in a very close and loving relationship, NO GUY EVER would be able to get me to cheat on my boyfriend. And really, no matter what the circumstances are and no matter what kind of relationship I'm in, I would NEVER cheat. Period. I'm just not that kind of person. If I'm in a relationship with someone, I am literally incapable of being even the slightest interested in anyone else. If I was in a loving relationship, I wouldn't have to "test the waters" since I'm already satisfied. And even if I wasn't satisfied, I'd either try to solve whatever problems I'm having with my bf or I'd break it off with him before even considering "testing the waters" with someone else.
    I'm also a firm believer in taking a break after getting out of a serious relationship. You know, being single for a while and focusing on myself. Jumping from one relationship to another is just not healthy. You need to end a chapter before starting a new one.

• I wouldn't break up and I wouldn't test any waters.

My room mate, on the other hand, is the one who likes to jump from guy to guy. Not that it's necessarily a horrible thing to constantly need a guy in your life... but it's pretty bad in my book to be seeing someone and continue browsing other options.

• No I wouldn't cheat. If a dude is mega hot, I can just masturbate to him.

• No, if I'm in a relationship I would have enough respect for that person to break up with them if I wanted to cheat. There is not enough of any reason that would make me cheat.

• being cheated on before, i know it hurts. i would try to keep myself out of the situation in the first place and I would try to think of how my partner would feel. if i really felt like i wanted this OTHER person, I would end it with the person I was with in order to avoid them being cheated on.

• I don't get interested in people just because they're "hot" and flirting with me. Especially not if I'm in a relationship. On the contrary I would be pretty irritated and probably tell them to stay away because I have a boyfriend who I love

• No! Never.

• No, that's fucked up.

• I've cheated before on one guy. At first I didn't care and then I did and again I didn't. Looking back on it I don't think I was happy at all. But if I was in a actually good relationship, no I wouldn't.

• No I wouldn't test any waters. If a man is that weak something is wrong.

• No, I wouldn't cheat on impulse. Only if I ever felt neglected by my boyfriend, maybe. I wouldn't cheat for no reason. In a relationship when he disrespects me, even at the slightest degree, it's not anymore a relationship and in the end I don't even call it cheating.

• Yes but it worked out. I was dating this guy, but I felt I had to settle for him because I couldn't meet anyone else. Then this hot guy started taking the same bus as me everyday. I didn't give him the time of day at first since I was taken, and I didn't feel i was good enough for him anyway. He asked me for my number one day, so I gave it to him. We started texting back and forth, we started to go on dates. So I broke up with the guy I was with and I am still with the guy I met on the bus four years later. He proposed in July.

• I thought there would be more answers like this one. This sounds more like the way it might happen.

What Guys Said 3

• If it's a good relationship then No, I wouldn't "test" the waters. I have had a woman nag me constantly though... it lead to me distancing myself and banging other chicks so I'm not as judgmental as other people are when it comes to that.

• Nah dawg, I ain't a cheater.

I've always said if you wanna cheat, just break up with your SO. Then (even though this would be shitty), 5 minutes later you're free to pursue whoever you want.

But don't expect to get back with the original SO. That won't fly.

• Try to live life wondering if you were deeply in love with someone and they were going to nuke a relationships trust on you by doing this is that something you'd want.

Self-control is a real problem these days.