Why am I not feeling anything?

There's a guy who likes me and he's sweet and all.. but for some reason I'm just not feeling it. It's nothing to do with looks, because I don't go by looks.

He's sweet but there's just something about him that I don't know why I don't like. He calls me beautiful and other cute things, but I've also noticed we haven't had many actual conversations other than him calling me beautiful or something (I'm not complaining but I'm just saying). He's sweet and a chill guy but I just can't see us dating. He's messaging me now kind of randomly and talking about how "he was just thinking about how he's so sweet and always getting hurt and how he wants someone who won't hurt him because he won't hurt them" and sent "fun fact: I never broke up with a girl" it was kinda out of nowhere too..

I told him initially when we started talking (as friends) that I don't really do relationships and I just wanna have fun right now and he thanked me for being honest and said he fully understands.. But now I feel like he just isn't getting it :/

I feel so shallow, am I wrong for feeling so? I gave him a chance, I went to the movies with him and kept an open mind to it and we talked and stuff at the movies and in the car but even though I know he's a sweet guy I just can't see us dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• He threw his cards out too fast. he's showering you with kindness and compliments. There is no game. No challenge. Might sound stupid everyone wants somewhat of a chase.

What Guys Said 2

• This is what we call "nice guy syndrome"he's coming if serious and heavy, but he's not being masculine, nor is he taking the opportunity, you want someone who's exciting, fun, not too serious and who you can be relaxed around

• We are all loking for diferent things, maybe inside you are looking for something else... even when you thing that he is great.

What Girls Said 1

• Omg I can totally relate! I'm going through the same exact thing. This guy likes me a lot, and he treats me like a princess, but i know he isn't the one. he thinks otherwise, and considers me as his soulmate. So basically i've been told to not lead him on anymore, into thinking you two could actually be a thing. Since you don't like him, he will get hurt either way. Just tell him that you're sorry and you just want to stay friends. if all else fails and he isn't getting the message, say you have a crush on some random guy, and that'll make him move on.