Do Asian/Oriental women like light-skinned Hispanic/Latino men, particularly Mexican-American men?

I am a very light-skinned Hispanic male (racially mixed but still very light-skinned). I wonder wondering of Asian women mind Hispanic men. There's this Asian girl that I like (who I am now currently friends with) but I just heard her talking to her friend that a black guy try to ask her out and then she rejected him for two reasons, one was because she's always such a busy person (a University student) and the other was because he was black (She's not racist to anyone at all) and her mother would likely give her problems about it (according to her). I was thinking of telling her how I truly feel about her but after hearing that from her, that just crushed my confidence in asking her out.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're all different bro, just because she's Asian doesn't mean she'll be attracted to a certain race of guys. I've seen Asian girls who only go for black guys. But in general, Asian women seem to be attracted to mostly to other Asian men and Caucasian men, but everyone is different. Mexican guys aren't that much different from white guys as far as looks, maybe just darker skin on average but that's about it. I'm sure your ethnicity will have very little affect on whether she likes you or not. Just go for it.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm Asian (Filipino) and I'm attracted to Latinos :) It depends on the girl, though... so I guess you should get to know her better and find out what her preferences are. She said that her mom might give her problems about dating a black guy because a lot of Asian mothers don't have a positive perception of them (yeah, it is racist) - they think black men are below their dating level. I don't know what they think of Latinos, but like what the others have said it's mostly true that when Asian girls date outside their race, a lot of the mothers highly prefer white guys over anyone else.

Needless to say, I think you should still give it a try :) Good luck.

• Some do some don't.
    My uncle is extremely dark. Like really really dark.
    & He's married to this really pretty korean lady. They have a kid and her father lives with them. All that jazz.
    But I have an Asian girl friend who says she hates black, asian, and latino men. She only goes for white guys.
    Everyone's different. It's not like all Asians like one specific race or ethnicity or whatever.

• I'm Japanese, and I grew up in an international environment, so I've liked guys of different nationalities. I've dated a Mexican, a half American half japanese guy, half japanese half british...

• as long as you're whiter or as white than she is.. she and her mother will approve

• Yeah, I am "whiter" than her. She's a Southeast Asian (from Vietnam). She's only a just a shade darker (not that big of a difference) that me but that should still be a good sign, shouldn't it.

• yeah, it should be okay.. as long as you're willing to learn their language too

• Well, I'm the type of guy would would try his very best to adapt to other cultures outside of his own. While I've never met her mother nor any of her family members, she did tell me that her mother still couldn't speak English at all (only just a few basic English words) but once I do feel ready to tell her how I truly feel about her deeply, I'll let her know that while I can't speak or understand a lick of her language, I'll try my best to learn a few Vietnamese words and sentences for the sake of her family. BTW, she's not a full US citizen, her and her mother are still permanent residents, which probably explains why her mother could barely speak only a very few basic English words.

What Guys Said 5

• I live in a millitary town and I see tons of black and korean couples, altough most latinos I see don't end up marrying Asian girls. They usually go for other Latinos, the occasional black girl and rarely the asian.

I think it has to do with how diverse your area is and the type of parents she has. If she's filipina, thai, se asian, I think your chances with her may be slightly higher. But although with parents like hers, you may get some shit from if she ends up dating you.

• Yeah. She is Southeast/SE Asian. She's from Vietnam.

• Well yeah some Latinos have more Natives or African (Brazil/Carriebean) in their genes. So you have the ability of passing for a spaniard lol.

So Um your crush, does she look like closer to:
      Girl 1
      a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/.../l.jpg

Or

Girl 2
      lh4.googleusercontent.com/.../photo.jpg

• The first one, since she a little darker than Girl #2.

• They like all sorta of men. Specially the ones born in Asia once they move they like to date outside.

• Recently I have found out that Japanese women are into black guys. So...

www.thenug.com/.../thenug-u2dP5ITpu1.gif

• Depends on the girl. Asians in general prefer white or other asians.

• But then again, Hispanic is not a race, it's an ethnicity and the slight majority of Hispanics Are racially mixed with White/European and Indigenous/Amerindian.

• Fact. Asians love fair skin...

• I'm kind of in between fair skin and olive skin, if that's good enough for an average Asian girl.