How to let a shy guy know I'm into him?

Ok so I really like this guy. I'm pretty sure he likes me too, and the other day I thought he was going to ask me out! We were talking about movies we haven't seen, but somehow he always managed to change the topic or just end the conversation. One time he even told me he had to "ask me something" before taking it back with a "never mind" and walking away. I think he's just nervous.. I've been trying to help him out by talking about how much I want to see this movie, but he always gets really quiet and just.. Ugh. I like him a lot but it's been like this for such a long time it's driving me crazy! I want to just tell him I like him, but I also don't want to overwhelm him.. Help?

I would ask him out but honestly I'm really shy too.. Also I don't know if it would make him sad or whatever? Maybe he would feel bad that he never asked me out. Idk.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably thinking something like, "Man, I really like this girl. I wish I could do something with her this weekend." Or maybe you have a better idea of something he might be thinking about you. If you say something he's thinking, like, "I always enjoy being with you. I just wish school weren't such a lousy place to hang out," then maybe he realizes that you might be feeling the same way he does. He'll gain a lot of confidence from that.

• There were a lot of really good answers.. In the end everything turned out great and I'm glad to call him my new boyfriend :D

What Guys Said 9

• Just tell him... say to him "Listen, I get the impression you've been trying to ask me out. If that's the case, my answer will be 'yes', just to let you know, if not - well that's cool"

• I'm a really shy guy too. And just by how it sounds, he does seem pretty into you. He's probably just scared of getting shutdown, and he doesn't want to blow it. There's NO better feeling for a shy guy, than when a girl asks him out. It really helps him feel more confident, and it can help him break out of his shell a bit. You should just say to him, "Hey, I really want to go see (insert movie here) but I don't want to go alone. Want to go with me?"

• invite him to the movies yourself:D and then see what he does.

• Write a note that says 'I like you; ask me out'. Pin it to an eraser and throw it at him. He'll get the point.

• we live in the 21st century, take some initiative! Ask him out!
    If he's as nervous as he seems, it'll be a relief to him! Plus, it really shows you like him

• I'm pretty damn sure he's into you. Go ahead and ask him out. If it's indeed the case that he's just too shy to ask you out, he definitely won't be sad if you do it. Actually you might make his day and he'll feel relieved because he no longer feels the pressure to do it himself.

• Why Don't you ask him? Its not going to be that weird I think lol but it'll break the ice head on.

• Make him sad? Are you crazy, you're gorgeous. You'd make his day!

• Just ask him out, when girls ask guys out it's a super turn on. Also ya this dude probably likes you I'd say at least 90% chance he likes you just say to him "Hey lets go to (The Movie you talked about)" He'll probably say yes and when he does go "But only if it's a date" and he will be so stoked when you do that. But anyway do that he'll like it he definitely likes you so it'll turn out well good luck :)

What Girls Said 3

• Your very pretty. He must be nervous. Maybe give your number or text him it. Its easier then face to face and cus he is shy he will feel better doing it that way. Or you could say want to go watch a movie. Then go with him an then he will be fine with initiating the next time as he will know you want to hangout with him :) good luck

• I would ask him out if I were you. Nothing can really go wrong ^_^ Also I think guys like it when girls take the initiative.

Btw, you're really pretty :)

• Write him a letter telling him how you feel. I did that (I'm shy and so is the guy I like) and it worked really well 😊