No response after casually asking for a coffee date via text? Input greatly appreciated!

Read last 2 paragraphs for the main question.

So I met this girl in my class 1 week ago and we got together pretty well and I got her number. A week later I ask her to save me a seat but she doesn't read the text until later so I end up sitting somewhere else. (she did say sorry that she didn't read it)

Seeing as 1 week already passed (class is once a week) about 5 hours later I text her saying that she seemed cool and we should meet over coffee (I don't want to wait a whole week before I see her again).

So it's been 2 days with no reply so far. Should I just call her and plan the date by phone? I'm thinking that the reason for no response is that I texted instead of called her so if I call she'll answer and go. The thing is if she doesn't pick up that'll make me look more desperate. Any help appreciated.

To any girl reading this - Please just text that you're not interested instead of wasting the other guy's time, thank you.

Oh well, at least I've learned that texting is a horrible way to ask out and not to get emotionally attached so quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think she's interested tbh, even though a text isn't a great way to ask someone on a date she would have replied to it and if interested been excited to have been asked out by you. she's missed 2 of your texts on purpose because she doesn't want to be rude and outright reject you so she's trying to hint to you gently.

What Girls Said 4

• It sounds like she's not interested to be honest. She's "missed" two texts now that involved her having to spend time with you and give a signal that she's interested.

• If she was truly as excited she wouldve responded fast, I know if I was interested I would've bc #1 I love coffee, #2 I'm attached at the hip to my phone lol

• Nooooo ask her in person. yeah you may be nervous. who wouldn't? but over the phone is a bit.. not fancy. impress her.

• I'd let it be... you reached out, she didn't bite.

What Guys Said 5

• you sent her the text. any reason she shouldn't receive it?

• I'm pretty sure she got the text. If it failed to send I'd see a warning on my phone.

• What if I wait until next class and then "stumble" upon her? Then ask her out. The thing is that next class is not really mandatory so she might skip it.

• its much better if you ask her out in person. you don't even have to stumble upon her, just ask her out. but yeah she may or may not be there since its mandatory. I know I wouldn't go lol.

• " Should I just call her and plan the date by phone?"

YES! Because that's how you TALK to people. This whole "dating over text" is so lame and lazy. She is a person not text on a screen, TALK to her.

• I dare say she hasn't responded because she's not interested. Sorry.

• I have to agree with the others; she's not interested. But keep the door open, you may end up good friends. Having a female friend or two is a good thing.

• Don't ever ask a girl out over text. Yeah, try calling her up... give her one chance and that's it.