Personality in a guy isn't really a factor in dating is it?

I've always tried to keep my head up but when I look in the mirror I punch it because I hate what I see honestly I know im ugly as shit but I try to be funny and charismatic you know my friends said the other day that Im the most happy depressed guy ever. I loled at that anyways what Im trying to say is when I meet a girl I will usually woo them with my personality but when it comes to looks.. Sigh its terrible im not tryin to complain but girls what comes to mind when you see a guy that is ugly as fuck but has a good personality would you at least give him a chance or would you completely blow him off? Oh and by the way I hope I dont sound like one of those "nice guy cliches" because believe me Im an asshole :) lol anyways thanks

Ok so im updating the question and this time My profile pic is up so u can see how awesome I really am "and kindve ugly" hey but you gotta be an optimist if you ever want to be anything in life :)

Most Helpful Girl

• looks are not everything! (sorry so cheezy! hahaha) girls can have and will fall for a guy for personality alone. if a guy has a pretty face but an ugly heart, a girl is not going to stick with him long. if its the other way around, she's more likely to build a strong friendship with him that could turn into something more

• Dont worry that isn't cheesy :) anyways I have witnessed some of my friends who focus more on their looks and all they care about are "tits and ass" I mean yea all guys care about looks but personality is more attractive at least in my opinion oh great I think I sounded cheesy look at what you've done lol

• hahaha no problem! i think we both do it sometimes but people need to check themselves and sort out their priorities which i think is something people struggle with in dating

• Hey if you could its cool if u dont im going to make this magically turn into a rate me question I've uploaded my pic on my profile so yea if not its cool have a great night and thanks for the cheese XD

What Girls Said 7

• I think if you shave and put make you hair spike you would be really attractive in my eyes :) Try once in a while to play with your style. Just an advice.

by the way fyi I wouldn't date an ugly guy who looks shabby (meaning doesn't put an effort in how they looks) but I would consider dating an ugly guy who looks neat, If I feel that i'm compatible with them :) It works the other way too, even if someone looks attractive in my eyes (yes it might give me the instant attraction) but if it turns out I don't like their personality I would not consider dating them.

• and make your hair spike*

• Do I look shabby because I actually try to put effort into my looks but im a noob at it lol

• i can't really say you look shabby but you don't really look neat in my eyes. Maybe it's because I prefer guys who shave. (It's just what I think, people have preferences :) )

• If you're attractive, yes, you'll get noticed more. Just like with women. But looks aren't the only thing. It's part of the package. Honestly, who wants a hot guy who is a jackass to them? Same with women. Would you put up with a total "bitch" just because she's hot?
    Will you have a harder time finding someone? Yes. But remember, someone fucked Honey Boo Boo's mother. So there's hope for us all.

• I'm going to be honest with you dude when I say that I won't date anyone I'm not physically attracted to. But that said, I can pretty much guarantee that someone finds you physically attractive. How do I know this? Because there are people out there who get off on tentacle p*rn. If that's a thing, it's really not so far fetched to say that someone will find you attractive

• I dont know whether to thank you or say "I love tentacle porn" jk lol but thanks for your honest opinion I guess your right though I really hope someone that likes tentacle p*rn doesn't like me XD... tentacle p*rn you made my dayXD

• If u don't have a nice personality then I wouldn't be interested tbh first impressions are everything

• In high school no not at all, but give it a few years and everyone matures. trust me on this :)

• Don't think that about yourself there is a person for everyone out there including you. I'm not physically attracted to the guy I really like at the moment the thing that attracted me to him was his personality.

• Wow really then you are one clueless girl jk like that name though anyways yea I guess your right hey by the way what do you think is more attractive in a personality being funny or serious?

• A little of both actually you want to be able to make her laugh at times, but she also has to be able to take you seriously at others. In most situations a relationship won't last if the guy only has one of these traits, you just have to know what times to use which. Hope this helps.

• What do you look like? Jw.

• You dont want to know lol..

• But just in case u do I've uploaded my pic on my profile

• I was expecting hideous lol you're not bad at all, js. Maybe it's the type of woman you're looking for? Guys go for looks.

What Guys Said 5

• looks plays a factor in that she'll notice you when you walk by her and it'll be easier for her to talk to you when you first meet her. personality is to keep her. if you're ugly but has a killer personality, then try meeting girls through your friends, since they are more likely to give you the chance to get to know since you're theyre friend's friend. but if you want to walk into a coffee shop or a club and pick up a girl from the first hour, looks plays a huge role. just comes down to what you want

• Looks are certainly not everything when it comes to attracting girls. Attitude, game, a sense of humor, and being strong can help a lot. Confidence as well

• Girls will say personality goes a long way but they really want a confident, attractive guy.
    Body language will get you a long way. I recommend looking up a guy by the name of Elliot Hulse, he is a youtuber with great videos on body language and attractiveness.
    Your not that ugly. Lift some weights, get big arms and shoulders. Abs are a bonus.

You seem like a cool guy, Im sure your more then capable of finding a few pretty girls.

• It is... But normally the first impression is important and i think girls will rather wait for a guy with both personality and looks.

• Nope not really. Its looks and/or money first , personality and compatibility last.