I'm embarrassed I'm dating him?

Don't get me wrong, I like my boyfriend. But he is not really handsome. I like him cause he is nerdy, smart, and well he has that kind of 'everything I would want in a guy' . He is just lacking in the 'looks department' . So I'm kinda embarrassing because I have been told that I am WAY out of his league

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand what you feel. I'm on the same boat too. But in my opinion if you really did break up with him, you'll just regret it. I've done it. Regret it too. Thankfully he is such an amazing guy that he still loves me nonetheless. Sometimes it's not about looks, and remember why you are with him at the very first place? Yes, that's all you need to remember that you fell for who he is not for how he looks :)

What Guys Said 5

• Do you care to be happy or do you care about what others say? Even on this website you can see that there are tons of girls who are desperate to find their "the one". You found it and now you want to give up on him because people don't believe your in his league? I don't think you really love him !!! If you do you wouldn't even care what people say.
    A solution would be to help him with grooming and style and try to get him to look his best when you guys go out. And please don't give a crap about what people say.

• Looks mean jack shit in a relationship, especially once you grow up. If you are embarrassed to be dating him, then you are in it for the wrong reasons, and need to seriously (a) grow up and (b) break up with him so he can be with someone who actually does want him.

I've dated both gorgeous girls and ugly girls (I'm right in the middle) and I have NEVER been embarrassed to be seen in public.

• It's not in public. I love being seen with him, I just don't like talking about him

• Bull. the ONLY thing you said you are embarrassed about are his looks. You like everything else.

If you are embarrassed by his looks, you don't want to be seen with him. If you didn't care about being seen in public with him, you wouldn't care for his looks.

My (a) and (b) still stand.

• You are too immature to date let the man be with a girl who really likes him

• What's the question?
    Are you asking if your feelings are justified?

• You sound mean, either accept it and be proud to have him as your bf, or leave him. It is disrespectful to be ashamed of someone you "supposedly" care about. Put yourself in his shoes, how would you feel? Sounds like he is the one that should be ashamed to be with you

• It's not like that. I'm also the kind of person that's not open about my love life. He wants me to tell everyone and post it on Facebook and stuff...

• wait sorry i thought the asker said that, my apologies vet31soldier

• but yeah, if you aren't going to go with a rational argument then why bother asking people?

What Girls Said 5

• If you like him, then you like him. People used to say my exes were "ugly". I gave a rat's ass to what others thought of them.

But guess what? That just leaves more of him for you. I'm very sarcastic, so I'd always give a smart ass answer when people gave me their opinions of their looks (when I never asked them to begin with).

Them: "Eww, Buchita, I think he's ugly."
    Me: "Well, it's a good thing you're not the one fucking him then? ;)"

• If you love him and truly care for him then you wouldn't care what others think. If you love someone, you find them beautiful inside and out. So ask yourself... how much does he mean to you? u should certainly not be embarrassed of him. You should be proud of having a loving wonderful man that is everything you want in a guy. Dont let others get in your head and influence you to push you away from him and dont let others change how you feel him.

• As long as you like him screw others.
    You're the one with him anyway, not them. So all that matters is that you personally like him.

• Don't worry what others think if he's what you want go with it. Screw what every one says even if you are out of his league know that you are making him thee happiest person alive, you may have found one of the very few diamonds in the rough if that makes sense.

• why does it matter? not everything is about looks. fuck what people think