How do you really pick up women?

With all these PUA trying to sell their "methods"... mystery, cold approach, daygame, etc. Does it feel like none of these matter and just really comes down to this?
img.ifcdn.com/.../...6f6baed92068d94d5557260_1.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• I think social skills are the most important. I'm pretty hot and it makes it easy for me to start talking to girls, girls approach me far more often than I approach them. But the thing is, my social skills are crap. I get nervous sometimes and I don't express myself properly. They end up getting bored and no longer finding me attractive and move on. So honestly while looks can help, they're not everything, they only make it easier. I think being confident, funny and generally a fun guy to be around is going to be far better to pick up women. If she feels better after she's been with you than she did before, you're doing it right. Your looks alone aren't going to make her feel good.

• This is a pretty good start, so I'm voting on this answer. Obviously an entire book could be written on the subject, but if the social skills are missing you won't make it past page 1.

What Girls Said 2

• I like when a guy is a mix of an ass hole but charming in a way too.

So not an ass kisser but not a total I'm way better than you attitude. I don't know if that helps.

• That's not true... Although it is advantageous to be good looking and if you look like the beast from beauty and the beast you'll have a hard time finding your Belle in this world.
    I guess it is all about the "approach" if you just want to hook up with a girl but if you're looking for love you have to be much more than that.

What Guys Said 3

• When it comes to women, I just talk to them in a respectful manner. They aren't like the ones that the media presents them to be where the woman get interested and wanna smash the same day. It takes time. The best way to "pick up" women is have zero expectations of the outcomes. I treat them like a woman but aren't afraid to tease them a little and be playful. That way it comes natural. Hope this helps.

• Hmm, well typically when I ask a girl out I start out by trying to find something she is interested in and then display an interest myself. I then ask if she'd like to hang out, grab a bite, or engage in whatever activity her interest is. I don't know if that's really a technique though just common sense in my opinion

• Some techniques and approaches are more likely to work than others. It's like sales in a way. Clearly, it isn't random. It isn't chance. Some sales techniques work better than others. Therefore, some salesmen end up better than others. Are there any guarantees? No.