My bf is already talking about marriage?

My bf and I have been together about 3 weeks. Though we've known each other for about 3 and a half months. We're happy together and he tells me he loves me all the time but randomly the other day he asked if I'd marry him. It was kinda jokingly and I didn't take it seriously but said I didn't know. So he dropped it but since then he's told me twice that he'd marry me. When I asked him why he said he could totally see us together and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I love him but I honestly don't know how I feel yet. I don't know if I love him like that or if I think we really are a good match. We are different and have a lot of different views which could effect things later on. And I'm honestly not ready to start thinking about marriage yet-like I said we've only been together less then a month! And we're also both really young-(I'm 20 and he's 21) Most the guys I've met don't even think about marriage until a ways into the relationship. So why is he already so set on it? When I at least feel like I still barley know him? Am I too cautious and is it bad that I'm unsure? Is this weird for him to be so sure so soon?

Most Helpful Guy

• u re right , it s still too early, he's going throught the passion part of a relationship, which only based on emotions , but emotions come and go. but getting married is a decision not based only on emotions. so stay with him, and if u guys are marriage quality u should at least be able to stay together for a few years before thinking about it. what s a few years when we re talking about a lifelong commitement

What Guys Said 3

• Thats great that he likes you or loves you and all, but he really needs to cool down and come back down to earth. If you're gonna marry someone, I would always say the real test is to live with them for 2 years minimum. Its great to think you love someone and all but if you haven't lived in the same house with them for a couple of years at least, then how do you know you can live with them for the rest of your life?

• Nothing terrible to have a discussion about, but make sure he and you both know that it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

Remember, people used to get married at 16/17/18 quite regularly. Not that I'd want to do that at all, but just saying looking at history it's not so weird.

Just re-emphasize that it's an interesting thing to talk about, but nothing serious to consider for quite a while.

• For him to be talking about marriage right now without knowing you long enough concerns me because he could be feeling insecure or is way overly attached to you. Tell him to cut the topic or you'll leave him because that's a bad sign of over-attachment and can lead to marriage problems in the long run.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd make it clear to him that you don't want to talk about it anymore and maybe make an agreement about not mentioning it again until you've dated for like 6 months.

If he keeps bringing it up tho you might just have to be like media.giphy.com/media/mgFRuPhjH8b04/giphy.gif