Are some people incapable of love?

I really feel like the man who I just ended my relationship with is not capable of loving anyone. Do you think that is possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I am.
    I may not have been that way when I 1st started dating. There's just something about me that I really don't feel love or even sorrow. I understand when someone dies but I don't feel anything. I believe that when I say "it's a shame" or "that's too bad" I mean it but I just don't feel anything.
    I had THE best Dad in the world. One the other hand that thing that gave birth to me left a lot to be desired.
    Maybe that's why? Maybe I'm just a narcissist? I don't know.
    I hadn't talked to that thing that gave birth to me for years. I heard she died. Oh well.

• Its chilling that you say that because that's exactly how he talks about his mom and dad. He hates them both. Maybe thats what happens to people that dont develop a relationship with their mothers.

• Im sorry that happened to you. I was raised by an incredibly selfish meth addict and visited my belligerent drunk father on weekends. That made more prone to love. I actually have a need to love and be loved. I can see how it could produce the opposite result though.

• That's terrible for any kid do go through. Maybe that's just another difference between guys & girls.
      Know body even knows my birthday. I HATE people buying anything for me. If I want it I'll buy it. That's probably why I don't like Christmas.

What Guys Said 13

• The majority of people are incapable of love.
    They mistake love for "getting what they want". That's actually greed, which is the opposite of love.
    Most of the people who think like that are women.

• Wow! That is a gross generalization

• I really like your "men love women, women love kids..." I've noticed on a lot of marriage/divorce/cheating sites a ton of men feel pushed/left out after having kids. I never realized just how sensitive (seemingly from those sites) men really are. sadly, I think too many women pretend to be a certain way to trick men into marrying them in order to just use them to make babies and/or have nice things.

• Im with creative username101, I've met cheaters and scumbags of both genders. Let's just agree that genitalia doesn't kill people, assholes do.

• Yes. In some cases it's not that they are incapable. It's that all the love that they are capable of giving isn't enough. Some people are just too shallow.

• Maybe you're right, but in this case, it was better before. Like I lost my status

• Thats very discouraging. So thats really it huh? Guys aren't in the market for love?

• "Some guys" are like that. Not all. Just like some girls will be a tease, in hopes of getting a guy to like her. Withholding sex until he's obsessed with her.

But there are many guys that are in it for love.

• Well of course you feel like that, since it just ended and he's enemy #1.

I'd say everyone is capable, but some are too selfish to love anyone.

• Yes, some people are just snakes and use love as a weapon. Sad part is some of those hearts injured refuse to be rehabilitated.

• unfortunately, yes , I do think it is possible.

• MEE! maybe... probably

• Yes it is, I get jealous over my gf I take good care of her but when I think of it I know that'd I'd do the same for any girl and if we broke up I won't really mind it that much

• There's a difference between being "incapable of love" and "not accepting love." Which do you mean?

• I find myself the same way, i can't love any female, or even feel bad for them...

• Could he be a sociopath?

• I wonder that. He bacame totally distant after a very passionate, intense, emotional, session in bed. Maybe you could tell me being a man yourself, does that sound like he got spooked?

• By definition, a sociopath is a person who is incapable of feeling empathy. If he had a passionate, intense sexual encounter with you, I'd doubt he is one.

• So maybe he just got bored

• Yes, including sociopaths.

• Only us ugly guys. No women will ever love us.

• I honestly believe I am one of those people. I can love someone, but I never love them to the same extent as they are expected to be loved.
    Honestly my girlfriend loves me so so so much more than I love her. Which is horribly sad, and I try to hide it as much as possible. The only reason I'm with her is to take care of her. And she's honestly probably the hottest, kindest girl I've ever been with. It makes no sense. I don't want to be in any sort of dedicated relationship, I just want to chase new girls all the time (Though I don't because I'm not a prick) Ill stick with her though because she is by far the greatest human being I've ever met. And would want to have kids with her.
    Another example: family member recently died, I cried a little bit. I was extremely sad and I miss her often, but it did not effect me the way it did everyone else.
    Just writing this is just kinda freaking me out. I need to see a doctor.

What Girls Said 1

• I think people are capable in loving others, but only if they wish to do so.