Would you date someone who was a known sex offender?

some women obviously would, ahem June from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo! but other women have more sense and are intelligent. still there are some women who will date them. there are a couple guys I went to school with who are registered sex offenders and not all of them are single. Could you date a man/woman on the sex offender list?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, because even if the offense wasn't that bad, those types of people always just seem um... trashy

What Guys Said 14

• I've never seen this Honey Boo Boo show, just heard it refernced. Then I saw this June lady you're talking about yesterday related to this story. Good god. Keep that thing in the circus. Its a sad state of affairs if this is what amuses people these days.

Anyway... kind of a different story for guys, I don't run into many female sex offenders. So I'll play the role of a girl here and say "probably fuck no", unless it was like one of those Horrible Bosses type scenarios where the guy took a leak on a school playground at 2 AM.

• Depends what they were on the sex offender list for. If it was for something that was consensual and just the government going on an undeserved witch hunt for them (ie. prostitution). Then yes I would. If it was for something that was nonconsensual and rapey (harassing the opposite sex by shoving your genitals in their face while they are just walking down a park trail), well I would have to see solid evidence that they had reformed their ways.

• Most likely not. I would need all the information though.

Sometimes the law screws people on technicalities.

• depends on what would be the least bad thing, you have to do, to be known as a "sex offender" in the society you live in. if for example just inappropriately touching somebody would make you a sex offender i´d still consider dating you.

• Depends women I would date especially if it's just having sex or changing a tampon or peeing on public. But a male sex offender should never be allowed to date or reproduce and should be forced to be physically castrated.

• No eww lol not all of them are single because they probably don't tell anyone. The only people I know who dated registered sex offenders were people on Jerry Springer, Steve wilkos those shows lol

• No, I would not.

• Don't know. Depends on what they did. Pissing in ones own backyard can lead to being a sex offender.

• I think it'd really depend on what they did.

• So... these would be old chicks who bang teen guys? No. Not because of their "crimes" but because they're old and into young guys.

• No I wouldn't. Even if it was a teacher student thing.

• No i wouldn't date a woman whose name is in d sex offenders list

• These days, you can wink at someone by accident because something got in your eye & some princess who thinks she's all that at the office could have you labelled a sex offender so it depends on what the actual charge was.

• Depends on what they did.

What Girls Said 19

• No fucking way. Sex offenders aren't humans, they aren't worthy of love. I would never even talk to one.

• Just to be clear though, we are talking crimes like rape, and other serious actions. Not a 20 year old boy, who winked at a 17 year old girl, and got in trouble for that.

• Nah, I ain't desperate like that.

• nope i won't

• depends on what he did.. sex with gf when both were minors? peeing in public? yes.

• Never... Absolutely definitely NEVER.

• I probably wouldn't date someone with a criminal history at all. So no.

• Definitely not.

• Assuming that they were rightfully called sex offenders (they had raped or molested someone), it would have to be a resounding NO. I don't even need to think about it. That would be far too much for me...

• Depends on what they did. Eighteen year olds who have sex with their younger significant others can get in trouble, which is bullshit so of course I'd date them. But for the most part, no, I wouldn't.

• No I certainly wouldn't

• If its pissing in public, yes. But if its having sex with an underage girl, hell no.

• No, I think not

• Never, once you have been placed on the sex offenders list it's an automatic red flag.

• Definitely no.

• Of course not. Mental problems like that don't go away even with jail time.

• No that's not even an option, what the heck.

• Depends on what he did.

If he was dating a 17 year old when he was 20 ok I can look past it, if he peed in a public park I can look past it, had sex at a playground at night as a teenager? Ok.

But if he did something serious then no

• noooooooooooooooooooopeeeeeeee

unless it was false accusation or soemthing

• I personally wouldn't date a sex offender but I don't judge those who do. I think it really depends on the crime. I've heard stories where the offender was actually innocent.