Any one in their early 30s getting rushed by loved ones to find someone? I m a man but am I not seeing something here?

i get annoyed by the moms and family friend females in my life who constantly tell me and lecture me about it... to basically find someone to settle down with.

Most Helpful Girl

• ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!

I just t ell them that, I'm not interested in becoming a 40 something divorcee, because i was pressured to marry the first person who came along.

What Girls Said 4

• When you do meet someone, itll be, .'"when are you getting married" then when you get married, itll be."when are you going to have a baby", so there will always be something, female family members care about you so want to see you happily settled down, its coz they love you, but it can be annoying feeling the pressure from them, you just have to be careful you dont jump into the wrong relationship just to keep them from getting onto you about it, just tell them they will be the first to know when you meet the girl thats right for you, if you are happy the way you are then stay as you are, you can't be happy if you only do things to please other people, im sure if you were with a gf that made you unhappy they would be asking when you are going to end it with her, your happiness will be what matters to them, if they know you are happy as you are they may stop presuuring

• Mine don't say anything, but I was in a steady relationship from the age of 16 to 28. If you have not had that experience, your family will most likely try to push you. Clock's ticking! Lol. What is it that keeps you single?

• oh thats rare and congrats. i m getting older but i dont feel like i need to rush. imo, women rush after a certain age because biological clock is very real and they do lose that prime age luster after 30. a mans sperm won't go bad for a very long time. i m single because i haven't found anyone interesting and attractive enough and i m justfinishing up school for my second career and onces thats settled, i will make efforts to find someone to date and eventually marry

• Completely understandable. I have friends that keep pushing me to date, but I also haven't found anyone worth my time and energy. I don't like wasting time and dating around just to date or to have a night out. Too many people get serious at a young age and it rarely lasts anymore. I say you should get yourself straight before including someone else in the mix. Kudos to you and good luck!

• Only during family reunions. As a woman, I'm surprised that my immediate family doesn't bug me more about it. Maybe they gave up...

• Tell them that it is better to be in a relationship with the right person than to be in a relationship with someone for the sake of it. Tell them that you are waiting to meet that right person.

What Guys Said 2

• In a way, yeah. Mainly my mother but she wants grandchildren and wants me happy so that's why. Lately there's been no talk of it but she'll start back again.

• I've been through that. Just be yourself and laugh it off. When it happens, it happens and people pushing you into something you are not ready for does not help.