Do you think it's awkward to date a guy that's the same height or only about an inch taller than you?

he's llike 5'8 is that embarrassing or not? because I quite like him otherwise

also it's not like im fat or anything just normal sized but he's not a particularly 'hench' guy so im worried i'll look too big next to him :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's awkward to worry about something like this. If you like each other and you're happy together than it doesn't matter at all. Wish you the best!

What Guys Said 6

• It wouldn't necessarily be embarrassing and you shouldn't not date him for that minor reason. Just know that if you wear heels then you will seem a lot taller than he is. Personally I try to only go after short girls to avoid this dilemma. If I liked a taller girl I could overlook height and focus on other characteristics though.

• I value my comfort in my feet so heels isn't an issue haha

• My dad is only 2 inches taller than my mom lol.
    My mom doesn't wear heels often, but besides that it's not weird.

• ha I don't wear heels anyway so that's not a problem :)

• It's only awkward if you make it awkward. For the record, I'd date gals who were taller than me (being I'm 5'4", it's not hard to do).

• Nahhhh dawg. One of my friend's dads is like a foot shorter than his mom

• It's not weird at all. It's better than having to lean down to kiss a guy.

• I dunno, it might be. I like shorter.

What Girls Said 3

• no. if you want to be with him, be with him. you shouldn't let something like height determine if someone is worth being with.

• No. It's not weird.

• I usually date really tall guys but I've liked a lot of guys that were closer to my height (I'm 5'1" and usually date like 5'11" and up) like I've liked someone that was 5'3".

• aw well thank you you have reassured me :)

• Glad I could help 8D

• I don't think it's awkward at all.
    I've dated men my height and one a little shorter than me... it wasn't weird at all.
    And when you're closer in height, kissing and dancing is really nice, face to face.